c 180 gauge probs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny

Reaction score
Hi
Being new to Mercedes as my g/f has just purchased a really nice 95 model.Am trying to help her with a little problem she is having with fuel and temp gauges.They were working fine then all of a sudden stopped working,then suddenly one or the other bursts into life? Could this be a fuse/electrical problem or is it poss both senders have faults.Also noticed the bulb blown warning light keeps coming on even tho the bulb has been changed and seems ok? Not sure if this is related to gauge probs tho?

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Robert Cox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 C200 CDI
The gauge problem is very common with C180s, and I'm told the cure is to replace both fuel-sender units.

My gauge often falls to 3/4 shortly after filling up, and then suddenly shoots back to full. I can live with that...

Bulb failure system can be tricky. Make sure all bulbs are of the correct wattage and clean the soft lead contact at the bottom of the bulbs. Mine had the light come on and I couldn't for the life of me find which bulb had failed. Turned out to be one of the rear number plate lights.

Cheers....

OP
J

jonny

Reaction score
Thanks for that,will check the senders but just seems weird that both should give probs at the same time.Your help is much appreciated.

Robert Cox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 C200 CDI
I don't know that they both fail at the same time, but I'm not sure how they are tested. I guess replacing both guarantees they'll be ok. Perhaps it's time-based so if one goes, the other is likely to fail pretty soon. Though, with the price of Benz spare parts, I think I'd be trying to find out which one is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom