c class 2015 one touch boot not closing properly

martin high

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 2015 2.l
Hello,
one touch boot not closing properly, it mainly opens up ok but once in a while it will stick at 45 degrees, but the main issue is when it closes it stops about 6" to 8" form the soft close operation. any ideas please? thanks in advance for any help

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Lubricate the hinges with engine oil. I had this problem (tight hinges) on my E Class it may take a few attempts to work the oil into the hinges but will sort the problem eventually. Do a search on sticking tailgate issues there have been a few on the forum.

OP
M

martin high

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 2015 2.l
Lubricate the hinges with engine oil. I had this problem (tight hinges) on my E Class it may take a few attempts to work the oil into the hinges but will sort the problem eventually. Do a search on sticking tailgate issues there have been a few on the forum.
Hi malcom, thanks for your reply. It's a saloon so the hinges are high up under the parcel shelf and I did try oiling them but it hasnt seemed to help! I did try tightening the springs as well but that seemed to make it worse closing! Will search the forum as well thanks

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom