C class 2017 Sport - chrome front & rear trim

Lone Ranger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Sport 2017 220d
Just bought a C Class 2017 Sport, 220d and noticed some cars in the Sport spec have chrome trim on the front air vents and rear quarters, mines doesn't. They make the car look more elegant and not sure why Mercedes removed these, can they be purchased from Mercedes or third party? here are examples of a C Class sport with them:

front chrome fins.jpg rear chrome fins.jpg front chrome fins.jpg rear chrome fins.jpg

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Just bought a C Class 2017 Sport, 220d and noticed some cars in the Sport spec have chrome trim on the front air vents and rear quarters, mines doesn't. They make the car look more elegant and not sure why Mercedes removed these, can they be purchased from Mercedes or third party? here are examples of a C Class sport with them:

View attachment 61693 View attachment 61694 View attachment 61693 View attachment 61694
They were deleted for 2015 my from the Sport and at the same time, the front seat electrics were improved along with minor suspension changes. I don't know why MB removed these trims, but when I had my 2014 model, the ones on the rear quarters were a nuisance when washing the car as they kept snagging my wash mitt and cloths, even my hand at times. I would say they were no great loss. If you want to add them to the front bumper, you may have to buy the complete plastic inserts.

Ernie

OP
L

Lone Ranger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Sport 2017 220d
Hey Ernie
I see makes sense now, didn’t know if it was an optional extra at the time.
Makes sense to leave it be and keep the car original.
Thanks

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
They were removed from the Sport trim as part of a styling trend realignment across the platforms. Sports trim level got high gloss black, everything else got different applications of chrome, bright in the case of what used to be the Elegance grade, black in case of the various Executive style grades.

Top Bottom