C Class 220 CDi

snow

Reaction score
Good evening to all,

I,m seriously thinking of buying this car new,
I would like to know the reliability, performance of the car.
Also if the 2.2 engine (150) is powerful enough for the weight of the car 1590kg

Best regards Ivan :)

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Welcome To MboA Ivan.
My da has a 2003 one in elegance trim, with all the extras, (auto, leather etc)

The first time I got in it, was a bit aprehensive, because I don't paticularly like Diesel, and hadn't driven a diesel for years.
How surprised I was. For a 2.2L engine, I thought it was great. He had two petrol C's (W202s) before that, and I think the diesel suits his style of driving better, because of the extra torque.

On his last one the only problem he has had, wasone night he couldn't go past 30 no matter what he did. Next day he said it ironed itself out. I asked him had he accidenty turned the speedronic on; to which he replied, 'whats that'. It turned out he had accidently turned it on, and he thought the warning light was a fault light.

Anyway he thinks it's great, and very economical too.

Howardr

Reaction score
Website
www.howardritchie.com
The C220 is outstanding. 150 is enough, you will find it has an amazing power delivery.
Get the sport pack and you will be amazed. be careful of current fuel consumption issue for now or buy one pre EU4 conversion and you will be a happy bunny.

mark999

Reaction score
The 220Cdi engine can be improved by chipping I had my V220Cdi chipped by Upsolute and was very impressed by the results. It was the best £300 Ive spent

Cooky

Reaction score
Snow

150 brake horse blower is quite ok for the weight. I have the C250TD estate, which weighs about the same and has the same power. It tugs my mobile road blocker a treat too :)

Generally, common rail diesels have a bit less turbo lag than the old tractor engines like mine; they also produce their peak torque at lower revs, so they are generally better to drive (at least, that's my experience of Citroen/Peugeot common rails).

Take the plunge, and enjoy!

c250 turbo diesel

Reaction score
c220cdi

If you can afford it buy the 270 cdi, I tried both "there aint no comparison" got the same engine in a sprinter, my next car will be the c/or e 270 .Roy

turbospud

Reaction score
i have the c220 avantgarde se with auto,plenty power averaging 41 mpg overall ,ride and handling as good as anything else ive tried, doesnt lose money as quick as other makes.has to have auto to make the best of the output.

Top Bottom