C Class 350e no show

Marcomac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 350e
Hi everybody
I was taking delivery of my new C Class 350e today, it was getting deliver to my home in Co Durham from the Exeter Mercedes branch, I was told it would be here at 7.00 o'clock this morning by 10 o'clock I rang Mercedes to be told the car had broken down outside Derby. After a number of phone calls I was told at 5.30 o'clock that it was a hybrid problem that has shut all the electrics down. They still dont know what the problem is.
I like Mercedes I have a c class 220 Diesel at the moment and I must say its the best car I have ever had. My question is this, do I accept the car back and hope it will be ok. Dose anyone own one and has anyone had any issues with 350e. if you own one what's it like.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thats a real shame and can understand how you feel, see how they deal with this problem and hope it will be sorted quick for you, sorry to say but these things do happen, its how it delt with that matters now......

bob mushroom

Reaction score
How unfortunate.... Hope it is resolved quickly. Cannot believe they are driving it all that way fr you rather than on a trailer.

OP
M

Marcomac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 350e
In a way am pleased they did, as I would have been gutted to have it breakdown while I was driving it. However I been told when it's fixed they will deliver it to me on a trailer from Derby.

Lister1512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 (65) CLA Shooting Brake 180 AMG Sport
In a way am pleased they did, as I would have been gutted to have it breakdown while I was driving it. However I been told when it's fixed they will deliver it to me on a trailer from Derby.

Make sure you give it a thorough test drive as until you sign the paperwork the car is the dealers responsibility. IF any problems you then reject the car. Once you accept it then your unlikely to get a replacement. Google 'Buying a brand new car 'and it will bring up a checklist ect. Check the bodywork on all sides and take photos if you can.

Hope it all goes well though.

Darren

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
hard to say, unfortunately you won't find anyone on here who has one, but a few are waiting and have been for some time, most are still unsure when they will get theirs. I hope they get this resolved for you, if it's a hybrid issue it's unlikely to be solved quickly so I'd find out what they will give you whilst they are finding out what's the issue or alternatively whether they are able to get a replacement (if they can get one even). I really hope it gets sorted for you/they do look well sorted motors potentially....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Good luck, I am sure it will all turn out for the best, they were honest and did not make an excuse.

OP
M

Marcomac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 350e
Well still no 350e. I have been contacted by Mercedes breakdown to organise a hire car from europacar. I have to pay a £50 refundable deposit. I have been told they will try to put me in a C Class but can't guarantee this. I am so pleased I took two days off work, however I thought I'd be enjoy my car not waiting for a phone call from a garage workshop for an update.
Well as Take That said 'Things can only get better'.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

It was D-Ream ;)

FYI Exeter MB in my experience are rubbish (Just to cheer you up)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It was D-Ream ;)

FYI Exeter MB in my experience are rubbish (Just to cheer you up)

I have a very good relationship with all the service and spare parts people there. That group was voted second best dealer just a few years back.

On the sales side I have found some sales people at the Taunton branch to be not so nice.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a very good relationship with all the service and spare parts people there.

You probably buy a lot more bits than me

That group was voted second best dealer just a few years back.

I must have gone in the year after!!!!!

On the sales side I have found some sales people at the Taunton branch to be not so nice.

Was totally ignored when I went with my parents to buy a W204, when we finally got some attention the sales guy tried to tell my parents what they wanted, never listened to a word, went to Kingston-upon-Thames instead, brilliant service

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I must admit to being out of date with anyone on the sales at Exeter, the staff a few years back were mainly long term, these days I do not know anyone on the sales side. I am always fascinated by the huge number of people walking around the place, sure Exeter is the main distribution branch.

PS, if ever you owned a car like my early SL, you would know the spares guys very well :D

swizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 c class CDi est
If your not in a hurry for a new car I would reject the car and start again.

It will be always in your mind that may be its going to breakdown again!

OP
M

Marcomac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 350e
Just a quick update. Hire car has come its a 64 reg E class AMG. Just had a call from Derby Mercedes, who have informed me that the car is that new, no one at that branch is trained on 350e models, so it will have to go to the Nottingham branch where a mechanic that has been on the training course for the 350e will have a look at it. Why has it took so long to work this out?
Been told it will be there within two hours. Don't think i'll get my car today.:-(

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Just a quick update. Hire car has come its a 64 reg E class AMG. Just had a call from Derby Mercedes, who have informed me that the car is that new, no one at that branch is trained on 350e models, so it will have to go to the Nottingham branch where a mechanic that has been on the training course for the 350e will have a look at it. Why has it took so long to work this out?
Been told it will be there within two hours. Don't think i'll get my car today.:-(

I'm round the corner from the Nottingham Branch today so if you like I'll stick my head in the door and see what's happening?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If your not in a hurry for a new car I would reject the car and start again.

It will be always in your mind that may be its going to breakdown again!

Not sure it is that easy, it could have broken down straight after being picked up, the next one may break down.

Give them a chance to fix it and write a letter to the supplying dealer stating your concerns

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
surely it would have been quicker to put the tech guy in a car and send him to Nottingham, no great distance, they aint going to have any different tools in their garage. plus there is less chance of the car getting damaged transporting it around. Good luck when you get it back, sure it will be a cracker.

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not sure it is that easy, it could have broken down straight after being picked up, the next one may break down.

Give them a chance to fix it and write a letter to the supplying dealer stating your concerns

That's a fair approach and at least they are giving the op a very decent loaner- they seem to be trying and as you said it could have happened an hour after delivery and that would have been much less convenient. I would settle down for the wait - the tech is very new and seemingly fragile!

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
Well still no 350e. I have been contacted by Mercedes breakdown to organise a hire car from europacar. I have to pay a £50 refundable deposit. I have been told they will try to put me in a C Class but can't guarantee this. I am so pleased I took two days off work, however I thought I'd be enjoy my car not waiting for a phone call from a garage workshop for an update.

More than a coincidence I think. My C350e was due to be delivered to the dealer yesterday and then today - today they tell me it has a fault and they can't give me a delivery date - problems with the cars ?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom