C Class AMG Line owners

Wayne Harber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Line Premium
Hi, I am new to the forum as I am looking to purchase my first Mercedes - always dreamt of owning one since I was kid as my dad owned a few in his time and always have good memories as a passenger.

Is a C200 AMG Line and good model to own ?

Would really appreciate peoples knowledge/experiences ?

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi,

Nothing wrong with a C200.
Plenty of nice models in the MB range, it is just a matter of finding a nice one of the one you want.
AMG kits on models make then look more sporty, AMG engines in them make them go faster.

I would take a few models out for test drives and see where you are after driving a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome Wayne. It depends on what year car you are going for. From June 2018, the C200 petrol actually has a 1.5 litre engine.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum :) I am more than pleased with my C200 AMG Line Premium. I does all that I want to do, Ample power for me but I ain't a boy racer. You won't be winning any Grand Prix's with it. Suspension is firm which I like, seats very comfortable and are heated which my Wife likes. :)

The engine has been changed to a 1500cc mild Hybrid in 2019, not sure about that one, I don't know anything about them. Mine is a 2Ltr. It can be a little thrashy if you hammer it but generally sweet as a nut. The 9 speed gearbox is seemless. Fuel consumption is very good. The best I recorded on a 220 round trip was 44mpg. Overall it is a nice car to own and this is my third C Class :)

Last edited:

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
That doesn't sound good .

This is a 2.1L W204 , C 220 CDI .

merc mpg.jpg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome, Wayne, if you can run to it, get the Premium Plus model. :):D

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome Wayne. It depends on what year car you are going for. From June 2018, the C200 petrol actually has a 1.5 litre engine.
Is that a new 1500cc engine, so no more cam chain/sprocket M271 problems?

Hotspur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
A long time ago I had a C200 petrol (it was a 1998 - I had it when it was a year old or so) it looked nice as it had the sport kit but it was very under powered and frustrating on the motorway to get upto speed - I suspect more recent ones especially the diesels inc. C220 are much better - but the point is, make sure you try the car you intend to purchase on a variety of roads, dont let the wrong choice engine ruin the MB experience, I currently have a 350 and the 3.0 Ltr TD engine is refined, quiet(er), and has some proper poke - as I say, it dont cost you to try a few until you find the right one, it WILL cost you if you buy the wrong one as you dont want to have to sell it soon after to buy a different variant and lose a few grand in the process.

OP
Wayne Harber

Wayne Harber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Line Premium
Thanks for all your comments.

I am looking to purchase a C200 AMG Line 2016/17 in silver........dam lockdowns not helping though as I currently cannot test drive anything. I have my eye on one car and hope it stays unsold until we get the green light so can can take a closer look and have a test drive. All being well I will become a true member soon

OP
Wayne Harber

Wayne Harber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Line Premium
@Hotspur - are you a Spurs fan ? .......if so, me too.....great result yesterday.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thanks for all your comments.

I am looking to purchase a C200 AMG Line 2016/17 in silver........dam lockdowns not helping though as I currently cannot test drive anything. I have my eye on one car and hope it stays unsold until we get the green light so can can take a closer look and have a test drive. All being well I will become a true member soon

You will not be disappointed. I looked for the colour/trim combination for absolute months before the right one came along. I ended up with this which is a C200 (Petrol) AMG Line premium, with a Panoramic Glass roof and 19" wheels. I ended up buying it in Whitstable in Kent which is 160 miles away but it was well worth the effort :)

DSCF0333.JPG

Hotspur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
@Hotspur - are you a Spurs fan ? .......if so, me too.....great result yesterday.

Wayne - yes I am - it was a great result on Saturday - although I dont think we will be there for long - it is nice to be sitting on top of the premier league in position number 1....

#COYS

OP
Wayne Harber

Wayne Harber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Line Premium
I have just purchased a 2016 C Class AMG Line Premium and wanted to know if anyone knows if the sensors beep if the car gets near an obstacle when reversing or moving forward or do you just have to really on the amber/red lights.....many thanks in advance

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Yes it beeps, but only when really close.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just purchased a 2016 C Class AMG Line Premium and wanted to know if anyone knows if the sensors beep if the car gets near an obstacle when reversing or moving forward or do you just have to really on the amber/red lights.....many thanks in advance

Yes they do beep but as Russ ^^ above ^^ has said they don't give you a lot of room so be very careful when relying on them alone. Good choice of car though, I have one of the same :)

Top Bottom