C Class Audio replacement

Stevie1965

Reaction score
I have just purchased my first MB - a 2002 C270CDI Avantgarde SE and am absolutely thrilled.

I want to know if I replace the standard MB single cd player for soemthing like the Pioneer DEH-P70BT (which has built in bluetooth connections for a mobile phone) can it be installed so that the dashboard display still shows the audio data - radio station, track number etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Yes you can fit one - its a standard din - but its very doubtful you could get the dash display or wheel buttons to work work it. The car uses a "CAN BUS" to communicate between devices and the pioneer is unlikely to be compatible.

OP
S

Stevie1965

Reaction score
OK - in that case, could a cd changer be added to work with teh Audio 10 (CD) unit that is fitted? If so would it have to be the merc one or can others be fitted to the existing head unit?

marnix

Reaction score
On the C-Class, the CD changer fits inside the glove box.
The car should be pre-wired with the 2 connecting cables (one for the power and the other the fibreoptic linkD2B) located behind the glove box.
The CD changer should be a MC3110 model (Merc unit) as it is the smallest unit to fit inside the glove box. There is a mounting bracket available from Merc to fit it to the top of the glove box.
These units come up for auction on Ebay quite often for about £120 to £150 or a new one from Merc is about £350 + VAT.
The fitting of the unit takes about 5 minutes, just 2 wires to plug in and one scew to fit the bracket. The whole system is plug and play and the Audio 10 will detect it and it will work in conjonction with the steering wheel controls and the dash display.

marnix

Reaction score
Hi,
Me again,
the model should be MC3010 (not 3110)
Sorry, must be my fat fingers on the keyboard

M

mboy

Cd Changer

I have C class 2003 will that be pre-wired for a cd cahnger and if so please can you let me know where the wires are because I have a cd holder in the glove box.

Thanks

Mas

marnix

Reaction score
Hi,
The CD holder is normally on the left of the glove box.
The CD changer fits next to it (closer to the driver)
The wires should be behind the glove box on the right hand side.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom