C Class Suspension

James100474

Reaction score
Hi all, i wish to lower the height of my 2002 W203 270CDI. I have seen a set of springs for sale off a 2006 W209. Will these fit???

Also, when i reverse off my drive and turn the steering i can hear creaking coming from the front of the car. Any ideas???

Many thanks.

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
Cant speak for the lowering thing, but the creak as you leave your drive is most probably the torsion bar rubber bushes. Its quite common on all models. The way to check this is to remove the torsion bar and drive the car out of your drive and see if you still get the creak. The torsion bar is very simple to remove, as long as you can lift the car to do it. Four bolts hold the bar and you have to disconnect the torsion bar pins another two nuts. One nut left and one right.;)

Reaction score
Hi all, i wish to lower the height of my 2002 W203 270CDI. I have seen a set of springs for sale off a 2006 W209. Will these fit???

Also, when i reverse off my drive and turn the steering i can hear creaking coming from the front of the car. Any ideas???

Many thanks.

don't know about those specific springs but mine has the "sports suspension" option in addition to being an avantgarde and it sits noticably lower than other W203's when I park next to them (probably by about 2 inches). Looks great, corners will but does make the ride a little firm though. Perhaps ask MB about these. I'm sure they wont be massively expensive.

B

BLONDIE

The four torx bolts holding the torsion bar (anti-roll bar) on can some times pick up the treads in the subframe when removing. Clean out threads with two groves cut into new bolt. Replace all bolts.

Top Bottom