C207 - Seat Lumbar Control not working

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
I've tried to find a solution on the internet but every post I've read is a fault with both seats with the issue usually being a pump fuse.

The passenger seat works fine, only the driver seat controls aren't working. No whoosing sound when the controls are adjusted or clicking sounds.

Are there individual fuses for each seat?

OP
M

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
Finally has the weather and time today to locate all the fuse boards and check the 6 fuses (3 for each front seat) for the seat adjustments as shown on the fuse chart.

I had no idea where the fuse boards were so this was good experience for when I need to swap a fuse in the future. There were 2 fuses under the bonnet, 2 in the cockpit and 2 in the boot. The chart didn't say which fuse was for the drivers or passengers seat, for each pair I swapped the fuses around and tested the seats after each swap. The passenger seat worked as before and no change on the drivers seat.

I removed the seat back to look for a loose cable or tube but everything looked in place. I read on another about a PCB in the seat back which might need replacing. Didn't notice anything which looked burnt or corroded.

Had a quick look in the boot area for the pump but didn't find it. However, from what I've read the same tube runs to both seats and splits along the way. I'll need to locate the tube next and trace it back to the seat.

Long journeys are a little uncomfortable now as there isn't much support under the thighs.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Sorry to hear of your problem :( I have the same, but my seats are working fine. I admire you for trying to fix it yourself - my go to is to take it to someone who knows about these things. However. I wish you luck and would be interested to know the outcome in case mine does the same.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom