C220 bonnet warning light on

Frank931

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 coupe 2013
Hi i have a c220 coupe opening the bonnet the lever was really stiff and after closing the warning light stayed on, i eventually found the sensor microswitch lever had fell off and jammed the mechanism, replaced the sensor easily but the warning light wont go off! Any ideas? Could it be the wiring as i had it on and off several times?

tpn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 OM651 2012, Daimler V8 250 X 3
It probably is, but if it is not set at the correct level it will not activate either. I had a problem with one of my sensors and solved it by adjusting it nearer to the catch.
It is a nuisance when it is faulty.
It does not need a code reset, so either adjustment or a duff connector

OP
F

Frank931

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 coupe 2013
Thanks, i cant see how it adjusts though, the sensor slots in place under the catch mechanism with little play, ill have another look

Zoe king

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes g wagon
Hi i have a c220 coupe opening the bonnet the lever was really stiff and after closing the warning light stayed on, i eventually found the sensor microswitch Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox lever had fell off and jammed the mechanism, replaced the sensor easily but the warning light wont go off! Any ideas? Could it be the wiring as i had it on and off several times?
sometimes the problem is with a fuse that supply the sensor

tpn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 OM651 2012, Daimler V8 250 X 3
Thanks, i cant see how it adjusts though, the sensor slots in place under the catch mechanism with little play, ill have another look
Even though it was only about nine months ago when I sorted mine I forget exactly what I did. Perhaps if you screw the bonnet stop in a little it will make better contact.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom