C220 CDI Safe Mode

OP
davebox

davebox

Reaction score
Website
www.herbaldavesplace.co.uk
Believe you and me (now where did that saying come from I wonder :D ) I've given them plenty of suggestions. ;-)
The workshop manager (only been in the job for eight weeks) has been of great help. If I can sing the prises of anyone it's him (Martin Lee - for those that may want to know). If anyone can relate the confidence that I'm talking about is that type that just cannot be turned into words, the type that makes you feel happy that someone gives a dam.
Until the car has been given a chance one way or other, I'll refrain from commenting on the work itself. ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Rajinders car with the same problems was never solved by anyone at MB and the first owner sold it. the Gearbox to car multi cable had dirty contacts, this is a listed fault, but not listed for all of the problems it can cause. Just about every known fault code came up, and even in MB's words were implausable. What makes it harder is that most gearbox faults clear on re starting the car, and no fault codes in the gearbox are are shown, because there are none.

Malcolm

OP
davebox

davebox

Reaction score
Website
www.herbaldavesplace.co.uk
I think that all connections were checked.

I travelled down to west Wales at Easter for a couple of days, done some running about when down there (about 350 miles) and the car seems fine. With any luck that's how it will stay.
I have decided to keep the car for at least another year and will probably decide what to do about the initial problems with the dealer over the next week or two.
Having now given Merc's a chance at repair If the problem comes back I'll be contacting a solicitor. I have to be fair with Martin "The service manager" He has been very good and hopefully the service teem at SG Pentwyn will shape up under his control. Basically, If you deal with this garage and are not happy with any part of the service, contact him ASAP.

I think that It's time to sign off this post. If anyone wishes to contact re this problem you are welcome to do so via email or PM.

Once again, A big thanks to all that have contributed to the thread. Having looked back at the posts within this thread, the Safe Mode issue could probably have been ruled out if I had listened to you lot instead of merc and recovery agents. Oh well, lifes a learning curve.

Dave Box.
mail me
My Site

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom