C220 d Sports Cabriolet Roof issues

Kenboy97

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220D Sports Cabriolet
I bought my 2017 Cabriolet last April, and it is still under warranty from the Mercedes used cars garage I bought it from. My brother has the exact same car and told me to look at the tension cords as they fray, and this is a common fault. He had checked his and they were frayed and her took it back to his dealer who repaired them as his car was under warranty. I left my with the garage and they rang me today to say it's not covered by the warranty and priced me over £3000 to repair. I am more than annoyed.

I know there's a Motor Ombudsman and looked online to see that some have had repair costs refunded through them, even though their cars were not under warranty!

Anyone else experience this?

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
This is sadly a known fault on your model. Seems to be a case by case argument with MB re weather they will contribute to the repair. My best suggestion is to go to the dealer you had it from - hopefully an approved used MB establishment - and refer to the Bulletin (see below) with some arguing and a loud voice (for their customers benefit), if required!

It may also help if you have a service history with MB which would show some 'loyalty' as it were.

Check thread

A238 E Class Convertible Roof strings worn and snapped​

Which also has the MB Service Bulletin contained therein. There are also other articles on this forum which are worth a read.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom