C270 Oil and Filter Changes

stuartadair

Reaction score
Hello all,

Got a fun job coming up this Saturday on a C270 estate 2003

Oil and Filter
Diesel Filter
Gearbox oil

Oil and filters should be ok, but how about the gearbox oil change ? Is there a drainplug, where do I refill and how much oil do I need ?

Thanks
Stu :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum :D:D

Your gearbox is shown here in the link, there is no drain plug on the torque convertor, so if you just drain the sump and change the filter you will have only changed ½ of the total fluid, Many empty it all by undoing the cooler pipe and spinning the engine for a few seconds.

Its the same box on your car

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25566

5mithy

New Registration
Reaction score
C270CDI W203 Auto box dipstick

Hello guys i have been a member for almost a year now and this will be the first time i will have posted a message.
Just wondering if anyone could give me a picture/or a drawing of a dipstick in order that i can change my transmission fluid as i want to get the correct oil quantity back into the box.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can buy a dip stick for the box at some £35 or you can use a length of curtain wire 1.5 meters long.

Get the car up to the 80c working temp and dip the box and it should be 5.6 cm up the wire

OP
S

stuartadair

Reaction score
I've got a Renault Scenic that cost £3.50 to buy and thats got a dipstick. Just shows how crap Merc's really are when you peel the nice badge away.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom