c43

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
Do any forum members own and run a c43, will be looking at 17/18 reg, i know about the crabbing at low speed,what they like to live with. coming from an e350 and over 100hp more i should hope it would be totally different.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Can’t speak for the C43 but I’ve got a GLC43 and I’m very pleased with it. You can drive it gently and it is quite happy in normal traffic or you can press the loud pedal and it becomes a real hooligan.

I also came from an E350 Coupe Diesel and it did take a while to get used to the change from Diesel to Petrol and that was a big change I didn’t expect. I do still miss the torque surge of the Diesel and you can't just floor the 43 otherwise it drops too many gears and screams away. But, you get used to a different driving style with a high power petrol and fast overtakes are much better with temporary use of the flappy paddles to control the gear changes.

Mine crabs a little on cold days when the tyres are still cold but it is only a minor annoyance for me, nothing more.

OP
B

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All sounds really good .looking forward to the hunt for the right spec car.

OP
B

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
also wanted to ask have you had any mechanical issues at all, would this be the 9 speed box?.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
also wanted to ask have you had any mechanical issues at all, would this be the 9 speed box?.
Touch wood, no issues. I have had mine since new in October 2018, only done around 14k miles but Covid has messed up a lot of my plans this year like everyone else. Yes, 9 speed box which is excellent.

It is a stunning engine. You put your foot down and smile at how much power it has and then you realise you only had the accelerator half way down. I understand why people want a 63 or a remap (or both, for some) but I can’t see how you could use all the power of even a 43 on UK roads with UK traffic. A couple of seconds at full blast and you are easily in illegal territory. Once, I put my foot down to pass someone who had been hogging the outside and then accelerated when he eventually pulled over and the Speedo was reading into three figures when I looked down.

Does the C43 have 4matic? I’ve lost touch with which models have it and which don’t but it certainly helps the power go down without any dramas.

OP
B

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi mate, i believe it does have 4matic and thats what i,m after really, the wifes m135 is rear wheel drive and in my opinion quite dangerous on a wet road it really needs 4wd to be more sure footed, looking forward to test driveing some after lockdown.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom