1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C63 AMG W204 B Service Question

Discussion in 'AMG' started by Aliray79, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Aliray79

Aliray79 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204 C63 AMG Coupe
    Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts but I was looking to supply my own oil, oil / air filters, brake fluid, lsd oil and charcoal filters for an upcoming B service as I've been quoted just under £1k by Sandown Mercedes Guildford and that seems OTT. Anyone have any recommendations as to where the best place is to buy these parts / oil and what type for each. Have seen numerous discussions on 0W40 vs 5W40 so any experiences here appreciated. Cheers

2. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    Hello and welcome

Get it serviced by an Indie @alexanderfoti isn’t that far away from
    You

alexanderfoti and Wighty like this.
  3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 C63
    I recently used Alex for some work and rated him. He was very helpful and prices were good. Nice guy as well.

Wighty and Blobcat like this.
  4. OP
    Aliray79

Aliray79 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204 C63 AMG Coupe
    Many thanks guys, that's helpful and will get in touch

Wighty likes this.
  5. Peter Jenks

Peter Jenks New Member

Your Mercedes:
    AMG C63 W205 Estate
    I bought my C63 Estate from Sandown Salisbury. I bought a service plan from Mercedes, it costs £45.99 a month including VAT. So that is £551 a year. I do not see how they can quote £1000 (inc VAT??) for a B Service. I'd ask them to detail the quotation: Sandown Salisbury will always do this, and stick to it. Or contact Martyn Lewis at Salisbury and ask for a quote, and assuming it is sensible, wave it at the Guildford bunch.

6. AMGeed

AMGeed Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 W212 E63 Biturbo
    I agree that £1k is expensive for a B service if the OP is providing the oil/lsd oil/all filters and brake fluid. But a B service on an AMG can easily be above £1k when mileage and time related parts have to be changed (eg plugs, ATF etc)

Putting the car details into the Mercedes ESS will give a good idea on what is required.
    https://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk/

As the original post was in Sept, I assume the service has now been done and the OP has come back to say what transpired, so maybe we'll never know.