C63 W204 running rough.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
Hi guys, I’ve seen a c63 for sale it’s a 2008 and is running rough. I’ve been sent the following pics and the video by the seller.

Can anyone help me out by what they think it is? (I think it’s out of time) What do you think it’s worth? And where do you think I could get it repaired?

Here is the imgur link https://imgur.com/a/oaPANZg

Quick replies would be appreciated as I may go to see it in person today. It an hour away so let me know what you would want me to check.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
That doesn't sound good! There's at least one cylinder mis-firing. Could be a simple coil pack or something that could cost you thousands. Personally, I wouldn't touch it but happy for others to advise/comment.

Ernie
I agree it is misfiring. I went to see it today and the guy told me he got the crankshaft sensors replaced which is what the codes were for and the codes didn’t change but the car was smoother. I’ve been advised it’s the timing chain and that’s apparently a 4-5k job.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Yep a well known issues in those and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s already skipped a tooth to run like that, do you have the engine number too as head bolts may also be an issue

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Unless the car is being virtually given away, I'd be looking elsewhere.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
Unless the car is being virtually given away, I'd be looking elsewhere.
What sort of price as the car’s not catted but needs work like, sunroof not working, engine work, steering wheel heavy, one wheel missing. The whole car needs a cut and polish too.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
Yep a well known issues in those and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s already skipped a tooth to run like that, do you have the engine number too as head bolts may also be an issue
I’ve got no idea but have been told by many people now it’s the chain that’s stretched. Any idea on what a good cost would be.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
What sort of price as the car’s not catted but needs work like, sunroof not working, engine work, steering wheel heavy, one wheel missing. The whole car needs a cut and polish too.
Probably worth a lot more in parts than as a whole (almost) car

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
I thought it may be a good way to get one cheap depending on what price the seller does. He’s pretty firm on 7k though which is too high.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 w204
What’s your budget and monthly budget for ongoing repairs
I just wanna end up being in it less than what a normal one is worth. Cheapest I’ve seen is 13k with 130k miles and a good past.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Quickest way to spend lots of money is buying a duff AMG - most repairs tend to be costly. Unless you are prepared to put money in to this car, it may be better to look for a better running example.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I just wanna end up being in it less than what a normal one is worth. Cheapest I’ve seen is 13k with 130k miles and a good past.
So are you saying you have a good budget to find a good example of a car or are just stretching yourself and trying to justify that you can afford to run an AMG.
As above by a cheap one with issues can be fine if you have the knowledge and skills to repair it yourself, if not then it’s wallet surgery with an unknown outlay, hence my question on what you intend to budget per month for repairs and servicing,

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I think the OP means he is looking for a bargain. Arent we all.
This is the very problem with mercs, cheap as chips to buy used but people have no scooby as to the maintence costs.

OP did you ask the seller why he is selling, probbaly the reason you shouldnt buy.....

I was in the countryside on the weekend for a family walk, the locals there were driving around in OLD tractors, they sounded better than that car I have to say.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom