Cant turn engine of E280 CDI AUTO

KING PRAWN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280cdi
My car 2006 E-Class (W211) can’t stop the engine. I had driven 100miles and came back to park the car but when I parked the then the key came out but the car won’t stop, it’s still running. So I put the key back in but it won’t turn the key at all. I have two keys so I tried with that key but that did not work as well.
In the screen it says SRS restraint system malfunction visit work shop!
When take the key out with the engine running the radiator fan starts to get really loud as it goes to maximum speed . The key is put back in the ignition without turning it and the radiator fan slows down to normal and the rev counter starts working again as the dash instruments return to normal. At the end I unplugged the black cable from the battery which is at the back and then supplied the diesel from going into the engine which stopped the car but when took the key out the after the car was of the fan started to get loud again so just locked the car and left it in. When the key was in the engine the car would drive just normal.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom