Car cutting out

Robert Hughes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 coupe 2007
My merc was cutting out for no reason at different speeds and some times if I corner a bit quick,other times when turning on the ignition no lights appear on the dash ,at first I thought it was a fuel issue ,but that all checked out ok ,then it appeared to be an electrical issue ,I was advised it could be low battery power which I assumed meant the car battery but it turned out to be the CR2025 batteries in the remote, changed them and all is good ,something to do with the induction coil in the remote,

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The immobiliser reads the chip in the key via an inductive loop it doesn’t require the CR2025 batteries for it to disable the system.

Do you have a lot of weight on your key ring? (Lots of house keys and other bits and bobs)
Reason I ask is that extra weight can dislodge the key in the ignition causing the car to think the key has been removed.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom