Car detailing South London/Croydon area

JohnEvans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C63
Hi all,

New member looking to get my new (to me) c class professionally detailed. I've washed it a couple of times but there are still bits that seem ingrained in the paintwork. I'd like to get it professionally detailed so I can then aim to keep it ticking over.

Having never owned a car worth paying someone to clean I'm unsure what I should be asking for and what is a reasonable price. The paintwork is quite tidy so I imagine it will come up quite well. What would produce a long lasting finish that I could sustain at home?

Also, any recommendations for someone who offers this in the South London/Croydon area?

Many thanks,

John

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi all,

New member looking to get my new (to me) c class professionally detailed. I've washed it a couple of times but there are still bits that seem ingrained in the paintwork. I'd like to get it professionally detailed so I can then aim to keep it ticking over.

Having never owned a car worth paying someone to clean I'm unsure what I should be asking for and what is a reasonable price. The paintwork is quite tidy so I imagine it will come up quite well. What would produce a long lasting finish that I could sustain at home?

Also, any recommendations for someone who offers this in the South London/Croydon area?

Many thanks,

John
For a small price you could try yourself , after all you say the paintwork is in good condition .
It is a small price to buy some Iron decontamination spray , a clay mit , some polish and some wax .
Maybe £50-60 ? See how the car looks after that .
You haven’t said what colour the car is or if it’s covered in swirl marks .
I would guess maybe paying for the work would be £200-400 depending on what paint correction is required ?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Ultimate Finish at Brands Hatch have a good rep and are not too far away - they also sell all the products and tools required to DIY!

gibonrules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes E300TD
Hi all,

Many thanks,

John
come to us John ... Ceramic Pro UK in Brentford ... I will make your car look better than brand new

OP
J

JohnEvans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C63
Appreciate all the replies, thank you

OP
J

JohnEvans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C63
So I'm finally getting around to an update. I wanted to leave it after a couple of washes to make sure that I was still happy. And I am.

I had Ed at Divine Detail have a look at the car. As said, he is not cheap, but I do believe he is excellent value.

I had to book several weeks (5-6) in advance. I think it was well worth the wait. We had a good chat about what I was looking for, no upsell and I felt very comfortable leaving the car in his hands.

Ed sent me daily updates and sent me off with a memory stick full of photos of the process and results. Car has been cleaned spotlessly inside and out. Coated with one of the coatings (details on his website) and the leather tidied up with a dyepack and treatment. Wheel hubs painted, every inch of the car had attention paid to it.

The car has had several quick washes at home and it comes up brilliantly with minimal effort. Ed was very helpful with timings and I have since taken my other car for some polishing at a very reasonable price.

if you know what you are doing have all the gear, skills and time, no doubt you could achieve this more cheaply, however, I was very happy with the service and the overall result. Ed was very helpful throughout. Would thoroughly recommend.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom