Car reg - Retevtion Certificate problem = HELP

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
Hello

Yes, I bought several months ago a car registration/retention certificate via a very well known internet auction site.
I did not getound to putting plate on my car. Paid approx 900 quid to buy, and held on.

However, retention certificate was due to expire, and before it id, I sent 25 quid to have my name put on the cert and another 25 quid to have the retention cert period extended by 12 months. I also sent a covering letter stating I had purchased from the grantee/main named person and copy of receipt from paypal/etc.This was 5 weeks ago.
I have contact via Email the sell on the auction site several times - he is dealing there but ignoring my Emails.

I will have to contact DVLA tomorrow, but worried, can you guys help?

BTW, cold I get the 'grantee' name change to mine?

Thank you guy's again
:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do you have paper work from the DVLA saying that the transfer is in your name

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
no, when I bought the reg/cert, it was agreed i would pay for the name change when convenient and put on my car. I have sent the original to the dvla and it has the sellers sig to allow my name to be put ov it.
Cheers

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
b ttt
cheers

124coupe

Reaction score
Just ring the DVLA enquiry line - there's no specific entry for your issue but just ask them anyway and they will put you through - the DVLA admin is the world's worst.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Malc, Have you spoken to the clowns at DVLA recently they are most arrogant idiots and its completely hopeless to get any information out of them. I prefer to take a trip down to the local DVLA center rather than spending hours on the phone

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Malc, Have you spoken to the clowns at DVLA recently they are most arrogant idiots and its completely hopeless to get any information out of them. I prefer to take a trip down to the local DVLA center rather than spending hours on the phone

No I have not,,,but I like the Sorn bit. Once you sorn your car off the road,,you cannot tax it for weeks,,so you have to go to the post office, and they say "funny I cant get you car up on the screen"

They are hopeless

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I have heard that before....

Quickbrit

Reaction score
Website
www.2wf.com
Your Mercedes
2010 E Class 250 CDI Cab
The key here is having (or getting) the previous owner to sign over the plate to you by signing the relevent places on the certificate.

It's a little complicated and not at all logical - I got the guy to sign the permissions in a couple of places on the certificate just in case.

If you go to a DVLA office direct they are usually a little more helpful.

If you don't have a retention certificate you might be FUBAR.

MikeE

Top Bottom