Car Washes - I'm Weakening

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Some car washes clean underneath as well good for removing salt !

Good point.

I have been using car washes for years on more recent MBs, which have nano paint. (W 211, W 220, W 203, and the R Class). Absolutely no brush marks at all, and of course the wash includes blasting salt and mud out of wheel arches and off the underside of the car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
No mud and salt for me this year other than the last meet, I have not driven the car for 2 months :(.

Is it really good having jets on washers to remove the dirt, hand powered washers will not remove the dirt without agitating it first, but they can remove the paint, and cars are not really designed to have high powered jets on the sides of the cars. The 230 should never be treated to that

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Take a trip to the flagship dealer at MB World, they have a auto car wash there

OP
R

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Good point.

I have been using car washes for years on more recent MBs, which have nano paint. (W 211, W 220, W 203, and the R Class). Absolutely no brush marks at all, and of course the wash includes blasting salt and mud out of wheel arches and off the underside of the car.

Nano paint may be a a factor which helps - but I'm not sure A Classes, even recent ones, have it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nano paint may be a a factor which helps - but I'm not sure A Classes, even recent ones, have it.

Nano paint was introduced to combat the German laws on hand washing cars

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
Nano paint was introduced to combat the German laws on hand washing cars

Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Mercedes engineers noted an around 40-percent improvement in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers. Mercedes-Benz carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat both in the laboratory and under everyday conditions. Even after several years of use, the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing programme displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork.

The effectiveness of the new technology was borne out by the results of an extreme test conducted in a laboratory car-wash according to DIN standards. The water used in the test contains a precisely measured concentration of fine particles and is spread over the paintwork by the rotating washing brushes, leaving behind scratches. After ten wash cycles in the laboratory car-wash, reproducing the degenerative effect of some 50 to 100 regular car washes - the nano-painted sheet metal emerged with around 40-percent greater gloss than samples with conventional clear lacquer. Mercedes-Benz was the world's first vehicle manufacturer to offer this more scratch-resistant clear lacquer.

OP
R

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Mercedes engineers noted an around 40-percent improvement in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers. Mercedes-Benz carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat both in the laboratory and under everyday conditions. Even after several years of use, the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing programme displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork.

The effectiveness of the new technology was borne out by the results of an extreme test conducted in a laboratory car-wash according to DIN standards. The water used in the test contains a precisely measured concentration of fine particles and is spread over the paintwork by the rotating washing brushes, leaving behind scratches. After ten wash cycles in the laboratory car-wash, reproducing the degenerative effect of some 50 to 100 regular car washes - the nano-painted sheet metal emerged with around 40-percent greater gloss than samples with conventional clear lacquer. Mercedes-Benz was the world's first vehicle manufacturer to offer this more scratch-resistant clear lacquer.

Very interesting A180 Dream. However I am pretty sure I read somewhere - maybe here - that A Classes do not have the nano paint. Do you have any info on this ?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Can I have a nano coat on my car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I get a Nano coat onto Mrs.B will that stop further skin deterioration and wrinkling?

Mic

It depends on how big the stones are that you throw at her.

Further more it is very difficult to touch up Nano paint coatings, so would you really want that :cool:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I think its you that will need the nano coat if she reads this.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
A new product...

is about to hit the streets...

I have designed a special Duple Quadrafonic Aqua Lance to aid and abet the washing of the undersides of your motor.

Now the concept is simple and is designed for those of us who worry our selves sick about the dirt, muck and grit not to mention salt sticking to the underside of our motors and dulling the nano paint finish.

It is as they say at the moment in experimental stage but 'cos I am a trusting sort and just know that the idea, concept and design will not be pinched by anyone who reads this I am willing to share the darkest of dark secrets...

The 'Lance' will be supplied with a full 32 page operating guide, a parts list, help line currently being negotiated with the North Korean authorities and a full money back guarantee will be given. The product will be available in a variety of colours and lengths. Full training programs will be offered to the non-technical user - currently in negotiation with a technical expert forum member to offer on-line help to resolve all matters pertaining to use, abuse and night starvation issues.

I would like to add that no animals were hurt or abused during the making of this item and its shape and size takes into account the delicate nature of those who's sexual prowess is somewhat off-beat to normally accepted practices. Nothing disparaging and no sexual discrimination to the fairer sex or women has been made during the design, production and marketing phases.

All H&S Reg's have been followed and the local authority has been approached to ensure that users who dispose of the product wrapping will not transgress any of their recycling rules.

All appropriate and interested parties including Save Wales, Dogs are Us, Ban Fox Hunting, Amnesty International, Stonewall, Liberty, Cross Dressers United Front, Lib-Dems against the Motorist, Lib-Dems against Normal Hard Working Persons, Dave Cameron's 'All In It Together' Group, EO Commission and many more have been kept abreast of developments.

The product has been submitted for type approval to all Regional Water authorities, BSI, TUV, COSTA, NFU, ASTA, ACOPS Coal Authority, Salt Mining Institute, Barclay's Bank and Harriet Harmon.

Watch this space....:cool:

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
That's some return to posting :eek:

OP
R

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brilliant!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 e class estate. ce 24v coupe
limoman

Hi if you live anywhere near the Bolton lancs area there is a brilliant car wash. next to a bakery Carrs Pasties. The hand car wash does a exceptional job i take both Mercs and two sweeney Granadas its on Manchester road Bolton

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
I got bored;)

BTW THAT is some motor you have acquired young man:cool:

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the next (logistically possible) GTG.

In terms of this thread I can confirm it will never see the inside of a car wash, even if naked hand maiden's throw rose petals across the entrance and the rollers are made of fluffy kitten down.

Oh, hang on.......naked hand maiden's.........;)

Last edited:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Thank you I'm looking forward to the next (logistically possible) GTG.

In terms of this thread I can confirm it will never see the inside of a car wash, even if naked hand maiden's throw rose petals across the entrance and the rollers are made of fluffy kitten down.

Oh, hang on.......naked hand maiden's.........;)

Hang on indeed, from bitter experience 'bird in the hand' and all that:shock:

Top Bottom