CDs stuck.

A Brace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 CGI and a C180 sports coupe
Good afternoon everyone. My wife has a 60 plate clc and the CD player has stopped working, radio is ok. We are also unable to remove the six CDs which are currently in the machine and are just getting "drive unavailable" on the display.
The unit looks a pig to remove, has anyone got any ideas what is wrong before I start trying to remove it please?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I would try giving it a gentle thump while pressing eject.
Whats wrong - clearly the eject, load function of the cd is stuck mechanically somewhere

OP
A

A Brace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would try giving it a gentle thump while pressing eject.
What's wrong - clearly the eject, load function of the cd is stuck mechanically somewhere
Good morning, just given that a try, no luck. Thanks for the quick reply anyway.

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Diesel Estate, Sports Edition
remove the fuse from CD player and then replace after 5 mins. It's a trick Television recommended and worked for me.

OP
A

A Brace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
remove the fuse from CD player and then replace after 5 mins. It's a trick Television recommended and worked for me.
No luck with that either Andy. Thanks for the reply anyway.

andys320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S211 280 CDi 2009, Porsche Boxster ,much missed Mercedes S320CDi 2003
Ive had this issue on my E class changer too. Generally trying to ejecy first thing in the morning helps, possibly only 1 or 2 at a time.

Also used the battery disconnect and that generally gets discs out. Generally now just use the MMI with a USB stick, can get so much more music on it.

Good luck.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom