Central locking parts supplier E320 W211

MrT_09

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 03 E320 Diesel Elegance
Hi MB Forum readers

My car is with a mechanic at the moment and he is taking a look at our E320 W211 2003 which isnt locking consistently. We are having problems with it locking and unlocking through the key fob.

Sometimes it locks drivers side door and not passenger and sometimes vice versa and sometimes it doesnt lock the car period, its baffling and when you press the keyfob the catches bounce in the door and dont just go down smoothly and quietly.

Mechanic says he is 99% sure it is the locking motors but he says he cant get from a parts supplier and will need to goto the dealer. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this might be the case and if not can you recommend a parts supplier so i can potentially find parts for the car and get them sent to him (we have done that before with same mechanic for a mazda mx6).

Any help or guidance on this topic of failing central locking in general as well as prob above would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The door locking motors that bounce will have to be replaced. they are MB only items, and from nowhere else.

I do have the fitting instructions but your mechanic probably has them as well

OP
M

MrT_09

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 03 E320 Diesel Elegance
Is that right?

How much would you expect to pay?

Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The door locking motors that bounce will have to be replaced. they are MB only items, and from nowhere else.

I do have the fitting instructions but your mechanic probably has them as well
I think it a pity that Mercedes switched from vacuum to electric on the locking, it was much quieter with the vacuum system. I expect it is because electric motors have become so cheap and generally reliable that they switched.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is that right?

How much would you expect to pay?

Thanks

The locking motors are around the £80 mark,,what goes wrong with them is a spring breaks, allowing the button to bounce.

Another point here is,,if the locking rod passes through a rubber grommet where it passes through the door skin, this should be lubricated with silicon grease and can also cause the same symptoms

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think it a pity that Mercedes switched from vacuum to electric on the locking, it was much quieter with the vacuum system. I expect it is because electric motors have become so cheap and generally reliable that they switched.

Yes the vacuum was good and fairly cheap in parts, but labour intensive to install.

Electrical items are so cheap now,except when you buy them from MB.
I would like a member to send me one so that I can see if they can be repaired. it is the same system on the 203

magnusgp

Reaction score
address to send you the part

Hi Malcolm. My door lock mechanism is broken. I am going to change it at the workshop, and will ask them to give me the part.

Are you still interested in me sending you the part, or have you already got one to look at?

My e-mail is magnus.paulsbo (at) gmail . com

Regards

Magnus Paulsbo

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm. My door lock mechanism is broken. I am going to change it at the workshop, and will ask them to give me the part.

Are you still interested in me sending you the part, or have you already got one to look at?

My e-mail is magnus.paulsbo (at) gmail . com

Regards

Magnus Paulsbo

I would still love one thank you, do you want the fitting instructions

magnusgp

Reaction score
Yes please! i took of the door cover, but got lost when trying to take it of from the outside door handle. But i'll send you the part when i have it off!

You can send me your address in the same e-mail, and i'll send it by post when it's out of the car. I'll give you a message when it's on it's way!

Thanks malcolm!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent you an Email, please reply and I will send the details

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Details sent tonight 10.30pm

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom