Certificate Of Conformity for A Car Coming From California To France

ekierklo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 GLA250
Bonjour everyone,

Recently moved to France and decided to bring our 2019 Mercedes GLA250 into the country. Had never even heard of a "Certificate of Conformity" prior to this just recently but am told it is a requirement for registration and insurance.

I took a picture of the manufacturer's plate on the drivers door and was informed by this particular vendor that a COC was unavailable. There may be one in the manual though it is doubtful and would not know until car arrives here next month.

Looking for clarity from anyone who is familiar with this requirement and advice.

Mercie and thank you.

Edward

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Hi. You'll have to write to Mercedes France and order one - cost 200€ and 6-7 weeks delay.

BUT before you can order it, you'll have to have the car inspected in an MB garage (dealer) to check that the car meets the French Highway Code, especially the lights and the Distronic. They will provide you with an 'Attestation de Conformité' which you should send with your CoC request.

You'll find the address etc on the MB site here: MERCEDES

hth

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I believe the Certificate of Comformity is usually in a yellow folder, at least for the European market, and may well be stored with the manual if there was one for the US market.

OP
E

ekierklo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 GLA250
Hi. You'll have to write to Mercedes France and order one - cost 200€ and 6-7 weeks delay.

BUT before you can order it, you'll have to have the car inspected in an MB garage (dealer) to check that the car meets the French Highway Code, especially the lights and the Distronic. They will provide you with an 'Attestation de Conformité' which you should send with your CoC request.

You'll find the address etc on the MB site here: MERCEDES

hth
Thank you so much. Very helpful.

OP
E

ekierklo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 GLA250
I believe the Certificate of Comformity is usually in a yellow folder, at least for the European market, and may well be stored with the manual if there was one for the US market.
Thank you. Possibly it will be in the manual but do not recall seeing it.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
So that's what the yellow booklet thing is and the other paper with details on it.
Well, I learn something everyday :cool:

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Just one other point: the registration of a car coming from a non-EU country can only be done on the internet, using the ANTS service (beware expensive look-alike sites ! ). To give you an idea of what you need to give, here is the list: ANTS IMMATRICULATION

But of course first you must get the car checked by MB to confirm that it does conform.

I brought our car over from UK, but the procedure was simplified by already having the CoC. ;)

It is do-able, but if your French is rusty and you have problems with the language, let me know . . .

Where abouts have you settled ?

OP
E

ekierklo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 GLA250
Thank you. Just saw your post. In the southwest - Nimes.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
A very nice place to be :) . . . but a long way from us in Bretagne !

I've noticed that the link in my last post takes you to a blank page - you must create an ANTS account to get to the information - start here: ANTS SITE

Let me know if you have any problems.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom