Channel 4 Undercover Ticket Warden

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
i once applied to be a trafic warden. failed....must have spelt me name right!!

once chatted one up and got myself off the parking fine. wonder if she is still in the bar waiting for me...hahahah tramp. she was after my car.

OP
S

sooper coop

Reaction score
Half of Westminsters ticket wardens have been fired as a result

Yay

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
Its what we all knew anyway - the program just meant that the parking enforcement company couldnt deny it for a change.

Its about time the whole parking thing was addressed properly. I thought the whole point of parking restrictions and yellow lines was to stop people parking dangerously or blocking traffic flow.

In Richmond, a few years ago the local council over estimated the revenue they anticipated getting from parking enforcement, leaving themselves with a budget deficit.

In their wisdom, they announced that in order to recoup these funds, they were going to introduce more yellow lines and reduce the amount of parking spaces thus guaranteeing being able to raise enough revenue to balance the books. This was announced in the local papers and surprisingly there was no public outcry.

True to their word, the council went about removing meters and residents bays to the point where they are now issuing almost twice as many residents parking permits than there are spaces - the effects were immediate. :(

It seems that in this country we just lie down and take it up the *rse every time...

OP
S

sooper coop

Reaction score
Scary thing is on order to "prove " your car was where the Ticket Hitlers say it was they need your Tax Disc number.

So the latest Scam is to say the Tax Disc is obscured.

Think about this -its a nightmare scenario.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
Now I have an admission. I may have parked in Milton Keynes incorrectly and I may not have...but i receveived a ticket...the ticket however failed to have which bay the car was parked in...so I may or may not have moved the car and took photos of the car in what it may or may not have been parked in in the first place.......i them submitted the pics and a copy of the ticket and demanded to know why a car that was correctly parked had been ticketed and made great play about the fact the ticket had no bay number thus meaning the car was correctly parked and this was parking enforcement for income gereration.

you will not be surpirsed to learn i didnt have to pay as they dropped the case and applogised.....very very nice people in Milton Keynes.

so the moral of the story is....keep a camera in your car and always check to make sure that everything is correct on the ticket...saved me a £40 fine and the £5 fee for the parking too. all for the cost of develping the film £4.90 and a first class stamp 30p....so all in all i wasted 20p.

ho-hum...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom