"CHECK COOLANT LEVEL" when level is fine.

MAZxxx

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to forums and also Mercedes and I have a few niggles. I've just bought a 2003 C220 cdi coupe. I haven't even driven it anywhere yet and the Check Coolant Level warning light is showing, even though there is plenty of coolant in the tank.
Problem 2, there seems to be condensation inside the back lights which looks awful.
One more thing, does anyone know where I can get a replacement parcel shelf as it didn't come with the original?
I know they are minor things to go to a garage for so if anyone can shed any light on how to rectify these, please let me know.

drivinggod09

Reaction score
have a read of the handbook i had the same thing i thought there was enough coolant in the tank but it said the level sould be up to the black plastic top on my clk once i added some all was ok

jonathanjhann

Reaction score
Be careful when checking this, the coolant level and windscreen washer level sensor share part of the same circuit, so either of these failing can cause the warning light to come on.

So long as the level is visually ok though, not too much to worry about.

Also make sure the cooling fan runs, as this can also put on a coolant warning light. (switch the air con on max) and you should see it going round.

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
level sensor

As a bove if you replace coolant and washer sensors should fix the fault.:lol:

Top Bottom