Chrysler 300C

Balal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R230
hi,
I saw one of the Chrysler 300C yesterday. Looks very comfortable and stable. very "bling" with big alloys (as kids call it these days :) .Was just wondering, is it by DaimlerChrysler as well!! Any links with Mercedes ?! chasis, engine etc ?!?

124coupe

Reaction score
Yep. Chassis is gen-1 E-class and the gearbox is the older 5-speed.

Uses Merc diesel engines.

Think of it like VAG where Audi usually gets the bits first with VW following on.

Lots in London!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I've seen conflicting reports about the chassis - some saying it's 'based' on the E Class, others saying it's unique.
The petrol engines are Chrysler, but the one thing that is the same is the 3L diesel engine - that's the latest V6 as in many MB's now.

People that have the car rave about it - but then so do Skoda owners.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I hired one in canada very nice car. Gearbox is the 5 gear MB autobox, I understand the chassis is from the W210 MB. Steering was very light and quite vague, although that may just have been set for the North American market. It was very large inside and had a really large boot. I may test drive one over here just to see what a UK one is like.

Bobthebuilder58

Reaction score
;) I think that they are one of the best looking cars ever:shock: ........Am i allowed to say that that on this forum????

Bob.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
Bobthebuilder58 said:
;) I think that they are one of the best looking cars ever:shock: ........Am i allowed to say that that on this forum????

Bob.

why not. its mercedes underneath. if it werent for merc you would see the car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Bobthebuilder58 said:

Bob.
I think so, if not what is the point of a Forum :confused:. I think it looks good now, although I'm not sure if will age well. I have noticed that when MB's get old they take on a classic look, I don't think the 300C will do. Another car that looked good when new was the Nissan 350Z, I don't think that has aged well. That's fashion for you.

Slaphead

Reaction score
Bobthebuilder58 said:

Bob.
you are of course but I can't agree. I think it's trying too hard to be a big executive car. Mercs have a certain understated subelty that I like... that chrome encrusted barn doesn't.

OP
Balal

Balal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R230
for some reasons it looks as if its a bently and some boy racer has got wide body kit (with wide wheel arches) on it!!!!

have a look!! the one on right is 2002 BENTLEY Arnage T - selling on autotrader for £77995 and one on left is 2006 CHRYSLER 300C - selling at autotrader for £31995.

c300.jpg

Def_Fid

Reaction score
I have driven the Estate 3l V6 diesel, it had the optional "Bentley" sports grill, so it looked even more impressive. It does everything very well indeed, but some of the plastics seem a bit cheap after MB. Very cheap! £28,000 fully loaded, compared to £46K for an equivalent MB with the same add-ons.

johnmc

Reaction score
Look pretty good, drove a Dodge Charger in the US, a cheaper version, and it was big and comfy but average. W210 based.

Watch for residuals, expected to plunge!!

John

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Spent two weeks in the States in the summer. My brother has a Dodge Magnum estate, its the same as the 300c. A lot of car for the money and big presence. Load compartment under the floor, same as W210 and W211. Very comfortable too. Hard to see any reason for buying the Merc considering the Merc offers maybe a prestige badge but defineitly no more quality as we have all seen over the last few years. I joked about this with someone who bought a W211 when they came out, he assured me this was rubbish and the W211 was the best. Yep, it was, best at spending time off road. Dont dismiss the 300C at all.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom