classic insurance

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
Just buying a 2000 SLK Auto Who are the best people for classic insurance.The quotes are so different Len

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
My last "Oldie" was insured with Markerstudy through A Plan. As I already had a couple of cars insured through A Plan it made sense to at least try them and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's over 3 years ago since I sold it but, at the time, I was paying just over £100 for fully comprehensive cover with an agreed valuation. The written valuation is important as, if it is worth a few quid, you don't want their idea of a fair payout as opposed from the current market value. I did have a few issues initially with this but, once they saw the photos and accepted that it was the 190E Cosworth and not the standard 4 cylinder, they accepted my valuation of the car.

I did have one or two conditions to meet to comply with the insurers terms, namely the car had to be garaged, with photos of all possible angles including the interior and speedo reading. There was a mileage clause, but other than that it was a painless experience.

Never had a claim on the policy so can't help there, but I know that A Plan are good when needed and were excellent with a windscreen claim I had on another car.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
We use Grove and Dean, all done on line, £98 for a fully restored Morris minor, £84 for my 124 coupe and £112 for our Dolomite!! Never had to use them for a claim, but when I have rang them, always speak to a uk call Center in Essex I believe

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom