CLK 200K Manual Gearbox/Clutch Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

New Registration
Reaction score
Can anyone please help?

I purchased a new CLK 200K Manual 7 months ago. While driving, every time the clutch is pressed in 1st or 2nd a very loud clanking noise comes from the gearbox which can be violent enough to shake the car. I took the car back to the dealership and they changed the gearbox. This didnt work so they changed the clutch and flywheel, this also had no effect. They then contacted Merc Technical who described the fault as a characteristic apparently meaning that all CLK manuals do it and its not a fault. Speaking to people within Merc it is clear that a characteristic is a fault that curently has no cure. If it had a cure it would be a fault.

I regard the car unfit to drive and would not expect this characteristic to be on a Metro never mind a Merc. Although the dealership replaced three major components, they now insist there was nothing wrong with the car and refuse to take the matter any further.

The car drives as though there is slack in the transmission which makes a smooth gear change impossible.

tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom