CLK 320 yr 2000 Door trim removal - how?

Lugnuts

Reaction score
The drivers door checkstrap on my CLK 320 has a) broken and b) fallen into the works of the electric window partially jamming it. I have a new checkstrap ready to fit but there is a bolt I need to release under the trim. Mercedes say there is a 'special tool' needed to remove the trim - but they wont even show me what it looks like much less sell me one. Looking at a Russian (can you believe it) website it looks like the trim is in about 20 pieces - and pretty expensive I'll warrant - so obviously I dont want to get rough - yet! Can anyone help please?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom