1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clk270cdi turbo

Discussion in 'Tuning, Styling and Performance.' started by Zoller, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Zoller

Zoller New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    270cdi
    Hello, i have 2005 clk270cdi as daly driver, it is my 5 mercedes benz in a row :D. My turbo is counting last days, its needs to be replaced. And i have a question, i was planning to make more power from this engine, change injectors, intercooler and turbo. If now i will change only turbo from om613 engine (becouse it is bolt on) do i need remap? Or i can drive as normal and i do not damage something in the engine? :D Because, for now, i only have good turbo from om613 engine, but don' t have, injectors and intercooler, and i want make remap then everything i will have, and dont waste money and time. So, do i can change bigger turbo and drive as normal? Or i need go to chip tuning company? Thank you :)

2. Taffy7hfa

Taffy7hfa Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 ML350 Inspiration.2002 ML270 CDI Fully loaded.2019 Insignia SRI.2014 Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI.
    Hi Zoller :D It would probably be wiser to keep your engine standard, service it properly and have it professionally re-mapped,
    the 270 is well know for responding really well to re-mapping. I had mine done by a local company around 3 years ago the increase in bhp & torque were/are impressive, without any noticeable decrease in mpg. .

3. oigle

oigle Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Currently 2003 ML270. 2012 Nissan Maxima 250SL.
    Be wary of max torque loadings permitted for transmission too. I did a remap on mine and didn't look for large increases. Thus, no troubles in 200K
    I do agree with Taffy7hfa

Ian.