Cluster f#$k

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Thanks all, finally had a decent update today after the car being sat 6 days in the garage, I have to pay for the dpf regen but the garage i purchased the car from are going to cover the costs if it's not a faulty sensor which it would then be covered under warranty.
I still fail to see why you have to pay.
1. If it's a faulty sensor = warranty
2. If it's not a faulty sensor problem must have existed at purchase = Consumer Act.

Either way you shouldn't need to pay.
Your driving profile should not fill a DPF.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
@Jimmydong

Your first post refers to 'garage' and also "Mercedes".

Was the car purchased from a non MB car dealer and then taken to a MB workshop for the (cluster) repair? Just interested to understand the warranty on a 2013 car and who provided the warranty. My understanding is that MB do not sell cars (approved used) that are more than 3 years old and a certain mileage.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My understanding is that MB do not sell cars (approved used) that are more than 3 years old and a certain mileage.
My 14 plate car came from Mercedes last Easter with a 12 month warranty and my R Class was a similar age also from MB :)

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Bare in mind I've had this car for 5 weeks bought approved used so apparently the dpf was cleaned before being sold, and I've only covered about 1k which includes two 400 mile trips.

Where did this belief that the DPF was cleaned before being sold as it is an approved used car? I know of nowhere where they do DPF cleans as part of a sales prep, they don't even fix the visual issues usually unless spotted by the buyer. The only time a forced regen would be done is if there is an obvious issue which would stop it being sold.

So what I understand is that you bought it from garage A but it is now at garage B. So I can see why garage B is saying you need to pay for any work as their customer is you.

So if they do a forced regen and they reset the codes, then garage A will pay for the work. What happens then when the car is driven for the next X miles (could be as low as 10 or maybe even 400+) and the light comes back on, what then?

They need to read the codes on the car which have generated the warning light and fix the underlying problem. Only then is the forced regen worth doing, but may not be required if they have fixed the underlying problems and the car can do its own regen.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
approved used any merc dealer should sort it without any issues or debate

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom