coil springs

OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
whilst on the test drive I did some hard side to side and hard braking and accelerating to give them chance to bed in a little, they seem to have settled a little.
The original springs are a good 3 inches shorter than the new ones. It goes back in for the mot tomorrow, if the springs dont settle in the next few days then I will speak to MB about it, if they have supplied the wrong springs then I would expect them to replace them in the workshop at no cost to me.

jib

RFdesigner

Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Your Mercedes
W210 2001 320CDi 40k miles to date
What a nightmare!! You will have to double check with the dealer. I know this is a different situation but....... did you know that if you bought a part from MB & fitted it youself, only to find that part was faulty, MB are obliged to renew & fit the part through warranty, even though you fitted it originally. Might be worth finding out how you stand if the parts are wrong.

I was supplied the wrong headlamp glass, turned out the old car (pre facelift 124) was down on their system as post facelift.

Anyway I fitted it, dropped the bonnet and .... %$^£ %^"£$!!!!.... took the car over to them with the new part fitted plus box receipt etc. and they did all the hard work putting the correct glass on.

(MB at Southampton Parkway)

Derek

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom