COMAND Cleaning

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Hi,
Has anone used a CD Lens cleaner (the type with two small brushes on the disk) to clean a COMAND unit? Mine is occasionally a bit fussy, especially when reading DVDs, and I think the lens may need a clean. the previous owner was a smoker, and did 130,000 plus miles in the car in four years, so I wouldn't be suprised if at least a bit of the smoke hadn't got into the unit and onto the lens.

I've seen mention that using over-thick CDs can cause them to get stuck and not eject, so I'm just slightly nervous in case I bugger the unit in trying to clean it.

Cheers,
Bill

P.S. In cse it's relevant, I believe I have the COMAND APS (NTG1) system fitted in my car. It's the wide screen model with the tape player and DVD drive hidden behind the screen, and the Navigation drive in the boot.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The cleaner disc will remove the dust but not any film on the lens. It was the early comands (Bosch) that had the eject problems

OP
B

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Thanks Malcolm! I'll give it a go and see if it helps.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom