COMAND map update

BMF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 (W205) Bluetec Sport Premium +, 2015 model, 2.1l.
Today I popped in to MB at Marsh Barton, Exeter and spoke to one of their guys regarding an update for the map software on my COMAND online system. They will collect the car from where the wife works and return it on completion (£30 charge for this), plug the car into their STAR system and upload the relevant map update for a total cost of £120. I think that's pretty reasonable. They will need the car for between 3-4 hours for the update.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Yep mine was done as part of the last service and it takes several hours.

Reactions: BMF

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Today I popped in to MB at Marsh Barton, Exeter and spoke to one of their guys regarding an update for the map software on my COMAND online system. They will collect the car from where the wife works and return it on completion (£30 charge for this), plug the car into their STAR system and upload the relevant map update for a total cost of £120. I think that's pretty reasonable. They will need the car for between 3-4 hours for the update.
Doesn't sound too bad really. If I purchase a new map for my car online, I have to install to laptop, and then remove the nav unit from the car, plug into laptop and update. Then I might have the issue of the laptop not finding the plugged into nav box! And this is about £90 for a new update.

Reactions: BMF
OP
BMF

BMF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 (W205) Bluetec Sport Premium +, 2015 model, 2.1l.
Doesn't sound too bad really. If I purchase a new map for my car online, I have to install to laptop, and then remove the nav unit from the car, plug into laptop and update. Then I might have the issue of the laptop not finding the plugged into nav box! And this is about £90 for a new update.

That all sounds like a bit of a faff, I used to work on my own cars years ago, but being cranked over at 45 degrees now is more than my back can stand. If the update was any more expensive I would have given it a miss.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
That all sounds like a bit of a faff, I used to work on my own cars years ago, but being cranked over at 45 degrees now is more than my back can stand. If the update was any more expensive I would have given it a miss.
To be honnest the only headache was the software and drivers that connect the laptop to the plugin USB nav box, it took ages for the two to talk. I did the update once, but, I found that android nav apps were much better at routing than than what came with the car. I'm not bothered, I didn't buy the car for the nav and head unit, if I was leaning towards this I wouldn't bought this model.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom