1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comand Online video output

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by ccp, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ccp

ccp Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C270CDI avantgarde
    Thinking that Santa should bring me a new car - probably a W212 with Comand Online. I have a question regarding the DVD operation - I know the screen in the front is turned off when the car is moving (and I'm not looking to change that!) but does the Comand have a video output connection that could be fed to a couple of LCD screens in the back?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Yes there are standard kits for this, plus on the 212 it could have the split screen where the front passenger can view the DVD whilst you cannot

3. OP
    ccp

ccp Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C270CDI avantgarde
    Thanks for the reply, do you mean that there is a kit that plugs into the Comand unit and provides composite video output for other monitors?

Is this an MB kit or aftermarket?

Thanks

4. npuk

npuk Guest

5. OP
    ccp

ccp Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C270CDI avantgarde
    Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I have a couple of aftermarket LCD monitors built into headrests and I want to find out whether these could be fed a video signal from the Comand DVD player and whether the video signal would continue to be output when the vehicle is moving.

6. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    The signal should be OK for your rear units, and the output from the comand should be compatible

7. npuk

npuk Guest

The Comand NTG2.5 has a 18 pin video connector at the back from which you could get RCA video output but I dont see this connector on the back of NTG4.5 so not sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012