1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

command .2

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by kenb, Dec 9, 2012.

1. kenb

kenb Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    54 c220 crdi estate
    hi all, looking for a bit of advice as to upgrading my head set to a satnav one, i think it ia a command.2 there on the internet for various prices, will the unit go straight in as plug and play, do they really slip staight in or is it a bit more complicated than that, its facelift 2004 c220 w03
    thanks

ken

2. Chrishazle

Chrishazle Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
    Ken, you need to talk to www.comandonline.co.uk - forum sponsors here as well. There are a number of pratfalls with MB ICE stuff - you have to get exactly the correct gear or it won't work!

3. npuk

npuk Guest

Comand NTG2 would be the factory fitted unit in a facelift W203. Or you can fit the later harddisk based Comand NTG2.5 which was fitted to MY09 CLC (has same dash as the facelift W203).

NTG2 would be a straight swap. STAR coding will be needed to activate navigation on the cluster.

NTG2.5 you will need the NTG2.5 retrofit kit on this link: http://www.comandonline.co.uk/W203-W209-W463-Comand-Retrofit/ and STAR coding. The NTG2.5 is the better option however the units have become scarce on ebay so the price has gone up quite a bit for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  4. OP
    kenb

kenb Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    54 c220 crdi estate
    satnav

ok guys very helpfull replys thankyou

ken