Command upgrade to new head unit

jacketee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk230 2002 2.3
Hi all my command is old want to upgrade to new android head unit. My car is a w208. 2002 clk230. It has steering wheel controls and a Bose system.
Now I know I can buy the interface to keep steering wheel working but I think I can reach the screen plus £150 for it I can definitely reach the screen.
The Bose unit I think is not cam bus but not sure and I know my cd changer is for the bin as this is fibre controlled. So any advice would be most welcome.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You'll almost certainly have to bin the entire Bose/cd changer/phone prep as it's likely all D2B fibre optic.
Then you'll need to change the head unit and run new speaker wires either to the existing ones coming out the Bose or run them straight to the door speakers.

Good luck.....

OP
J

jacketee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk230 2002 2.3
You'll almost certainly have to bin the entire Bose/cd changer/phone prep as it's likely all D2B fibre optic.
Then you'll need to change the head unit and run new speaker wires either to the existing ones coming out the Bose or run them straight to the door speakers.

Good luck.....

OP
J

jacketee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk230 2002 2.3
Think mine is a type where amp is old school and steering wheel is the only cam bus bit and yes cd player is now obsolete.
Thanks for the reply

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
The Bose option seems to complicate the upgrade considerably.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A model-specific, high spec (octa-core, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage) head unit will work with steering wheel controls and CANbus out of the box.
As mentioned above, you'd have to by-pass Bose amplifier and discard the rest of the fibre optic network gadgets.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom