DAB Radio reception

Nytram

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2012/350CDI
Hi all
I am having a problem with the reception on my DAB radio. It can be intermittent and seems to cut out randomly, i have especially noticed this if I put the rear windscreen heater on. I am pretty sure its not the area I am in because the DAB in my van works fine. I have 2 questions, is this a known issue? and secondly, what is the solution?
Thanks in advance

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Merc DAB is known to struggle, whilst we usually see drop out on aftermarket setups, with nasty noisy electrical equipment like USB chargers or cheap power supplies for onboard cameras, the antenna amp on Merc does seem rather off par

need to know the vehicle model, system fitted, age of the car etc. there have been multiple entertainment system software updates (dealer process only) and some much less understood hardware changes to antenna amps

Last edited:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
If the reception is worse once the rear window heater is turned on, maybe there's an issue with the amplifier in the C pillar.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom