Damned consumer battery

Big Brin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'17 AMG GTC Roadster, '15 SLK200, '70 280SE (gone SL55F1, CLS250SB, C63, SLK280, 350SL, GTS)
I have attempted a search on the subject but without any success. Is it acceptable to trickle charge the consumer battery in the boot on an R230 SL?

You know when I bought my car, there was a constant discharge of consumer battery within days of driving the car. Merc told me they would replace it, but I am sure I remember them saying they'd replace the battery up front....which I discover today is the battery for the starter, not the consumers. Again, the battery seems to discharge so that I have to open the car with the mechanical key after 3-4 days and I would like to trickle charge the battery but am worried that this may ruin some of the car's electronics.

Any advice appreciated.

Rgds, Brin

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
There are many owners who do this very thing, won't cause any probs, only heavy spikes cause probs!!!!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom