Dash kits

Rockhopper1

Reaction score
Are there any companies that do aftermarket dashboard kits for my E Class W210 on a 2000 plate.

I dont like the walnut trim and would like something more modern such as carbon fibre or aluminium

Thanks Sam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is not much out there worth putting in. You would be better off spraying what you have,,I did, these were walnut and I sprayed them black

Attachments

• Picture 686.jpg
    Picture 686.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 687.jpg
    Picture 687.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 688.jpg
    Picture 688.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 672.jpg
    Picture 672.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 52

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Typical Swedish (Ikea look)TV--whats wrong with the original?

The car was only offered originally with alli or walnut trim, the alli that I had looked cheap, the walnut does not go with the graphite leather,,the black piano finish that I have now looks very good as said by all that has seen it.

Before
Picture678.jpg

And after

Picture685.jpg

OP
R

Rockhopper1

Reaction score
Nice job there. Not to sure about doing that though with the fear of messing it all up. What paint did you use and could you give me a few step by step instructions on how to go about it.

Thanks. Your help and advice are very much appreciated

Sam

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
must admit here, I have seen Malcolm's car a few times and never guessed he had modded the interia in this way lol. nice bit of spray work there

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Quick question, How do you remove the trim from the middle console? I have alot of dust stuck on the edgest and I am keen on removing and cleaning it. I did try to apply some force to remove it after lifting the drink holder cover but didnt want to break it.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Quick question, How do you remove the trim from the middle console? I have alot of dust stuck on the edgest and I am keen on removing and cleaning it. I did try to apply some force to remove it after lifting the drink holder cover but didnt want to break it.

which bit exactly? I have the same car as you and its all been pretty easy.

the top trim above the climate control needs to be levered up from the bottom.

the gear surround trim pulls up from the front most edge

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I bought the wood panels from Ebay,the steering wheel, center panel and the 2 door trims cost £4,150 from MB,,and I got the walnut set complete for £400.

I just flatted them with a 1000 grade wet paper,,sprayed with black cellulose (spray gun) and gave 2 top coats of plastic 2 pack floor clear coat, flatting lightly between coats.

Left it 24 hours to harden off and shrink, then flat with 1500 and polish with a plastic polish.

Any body works can do this,not expensive to do

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can give the info to remove any trim

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
which bit exactly? I have the same car as you and its all been pretty easy.

the top trim above the climate control needs to be levered up from the bottom.

the gear surround trim pulls up from the front most edge

sorry,

I was talking about the gear surround trim. I did try to pull it from both ends (lighter end and cup holder end) but didnt really get very far(maybe i didnt apply enough force. Where are the clips for this trim? and how long are the wires for the switches on this panel as i do not want to rip the wires off while removing the panel

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sorry,

I was talking about the gear surround trim. I did try to pull it from both ends (lighter end and cup holder end) but didnt really get very far(maybe i didnt apply enough force. Where are the clips for this trim? and how long are the wires for the switches on this panel as i do not want to rip the wires off while removing the panel

there are no clips as such. if you can get your fingers under the leading edge at the power socket end, and just pull up. once you have it loosened, pull it up from the back as you have more slack wire at that end. come visit south london and ill show you just how easy it is :)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
there are no clips as such. if you can get your fingers under the leading edge at the power socket end, and just pull up. once you have it loosened, pull it up from the back as you have more slack wire at that end. come visit south london and ill show you just how easy it is :)

Thanks, is this the meet in your signature????

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
no, i meant that i live in south london lol. the one in my sig line is at Duxford, Cambridge Air Museum. Its a classic car show and theres about 20 to 30 of us going from here, thats next Sunday

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
OOOPPSSS it is sunday after all. Thanks I will try to remove it later to clean it and come back to you if no joy

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom