Dealer cleaning products

pomm001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R231 A clas W169
I took my car to the MB delaer in Leicester for its last service, when i picked it up it had been cleaned inside and out as normal, but. I can never get it as clean as they have, the windows and paint work really did look like new. Obviously they are not going to spend too much time on it . Tried to call the service man to ask him, but trying to get past the switchboard gestapo was impossible, questions like , what is the exact question you want to ask , i gave up in the end . So having always used autoglym i have never been that impressed with the finish, the car is black which makes it worse, i would be keen to know if anyone has ideas
many thanks

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Autosmart is the leading dealer brand.... but there are others............ I'm very suprised you dont like Autoglym

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Ive always had the impression autoglym was the diy market favourite...autosmart products are much more professional..just my opinion...
The other thing that most people forget..A guy who spends his life detailing cars knows exactly how to present a vehicle...even just a damp cloth at times can make a car look good..

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Plus dealers tend to use softened, filtered water when cleaning cars, hence no water spots on the glass etc..

I'm always impressed when mine comes back at how good it looks even when they could have only had 10min to do it!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They also know what they can safely use on what material wise, they also know where to start

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Plus dealers tend to use softened, filtered water when cleaning cars, hence no water spots on the glass etc..

I'm always impressed when mine comes back at how good it looks even when they could have only had 10min to do it!

That is the secret:cool:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
we never used anything like filtered water when i worked at ford or nissan dealerships! Autosmart products were all we used. sometimes even cheaper products were used. it boils down to what was the best deal at the time for us. buying things like polish, glass cleaner, tyre dressing etc in 5 litre containers, then decanting into smaller containers as required, seemed to be the secret to getting decent products at sensible prices for the volume you got.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
we never used anything like filtered water when i worked at ford or nissan dealerships! Autosmart products were all we used. sometimes even cheaper products were used. it boils down to what was the best deal at the time for us. buying things like polish, glass cleaner, tyre dressing etc in 5 litre containers, then decanting into smaller containers as required, seemed to be the secret to getting decent products at sensible prices for the volume you got.

Very true, 5 liters of T cut only cost me £4 a few years back

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
If any body lives near any "CLEANPARK" car wash facilities (self wash) they use softened demineralised and filtered water . I havn't leathered my cars my cars off in years all thats needed is a quick blast up the road afterwards .

Andy_Rollupandshine

Reaction score
HI Pomm,

I expect they steam clean it, thats a great way of cleaning a motor in a very short time and a lot of the water evaporates afterwards.

As thumper said I'm surprised you're not impressed with autoglym products, whats your usual routine?

Andy

munafb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi 53
most do a final rinse with demon shine, this displaces water and creates a mirror effect.

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
At MB in Redhill there are some black guys around the back who clean the cars, next time your at your dealership just go and ask the cleaners direct what they use. I'm sure they will be pleased to hear that someone appreciates their hard work and will be only too happy to discuss their technique and products.

gordofski

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamsdocometrue.co.uk
I took my car to the MB delaer in Leicester for its last service, when i picked it up it had been cleaned inside and out as normal, but. I can never get it as clean as they have, the windows and paint work really did look like new. Obviously they are not going to spend too much time on it . Tried to call the service man to ask him, but trying to get past the switchboard gestapo was impossible, questions like , what is the exact question you want to ask , i gave up in the end . So having always used autoglym i have never been that impressed with the finish, the car is black which makes it worse, i would be keen to know if anyone has ideas
many thanks
Knowing that your stealership is in Leicester they most probably use a product named "showroom shine" if this is the case it is available through ideal world at approx £20-00p a litre
check out the shopping channel ideal world brilliant demo :)

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
I got my car back from MB in |Leicester a few weeks back and yes i agree the car came back looking like new inside and out, even the scratches on the plastic on the inside of the boot which amazed me as ive been trying for six months with various products to do without success.

Ive got to go in to pick a new key up tommorow so going to ask Nev who is Bodywork shop Manager what products they use and will post what they use.

gordofski

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamsdocometrue.co.uk
I got my car back from MB in |Leicester a few weeks back and yes i agree the car came back looking like new inside and out, even the scratches on the plastic on the inside of the boot which amazed me as ive been trying for six months with various products to do without success.

Ive got to go in to pick a new key up tommorow so going to ask Nev who is Bodywork shop Manager what products they use and will post what they use.
Whats the answer?;)

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Sorry forgot to ask i will try to find out il ring him next week

miko666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 C220 CDI Avantgarde
I have recently bought something called Showroom shine and it does was it says on the tin. I have cleaned my car and my 5 year old ex hire Transit with it and the bodywork gleams. It is sold on one of the shopping channels on TV (sad I know), but you can get some good deals on it. I would recommend it

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I have recently bought something called Showroom shine and it does was it says on the tin. I have cleaned my car and my 5 year old ex hire Transit with it and the bodywork gleams. It is sold on one of the shopping channels on TV (sad I know), but you can get some good deals on it. I would recommend it

Is this just another type of quick detailing spray? I use Meguiars Ultimate Quick detailer after each wash and in the summer just to remove light dust between washes

miko666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 C220 CDI Avantgarde
No You dont have to use water as it has something called surfactants which carry the dirt off the car, it worked ok on both of my vehicles and they really do shine.

Brian

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom