Delivery dates A Class Hybrid

Easy_P

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES-BENZ A CLASS HATCHBACK A250e AMG Line Premium 5dr Auto
Good morning

I ordered a MERCEDES-BENZ A CLASS HATCHBACK A250e AMG Line Premium 5dr Auto in September 2020- a lease car with NHS Fleet Solutions with an anticipated delivery date of December 2020. Since then, and to cut a long story short, the delivery date has been put back 6-7 times and they're now saying it will be late Feb / early March 2021. The lease company say they're entirely in the hands of MB with these deliveries. Is this a regular thing with MB, this model and / or lease companies?

Your thoughts and experiences will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

P

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Takes me back to my days as a Ford car salesman in the 70's. A customer couldn't order a new car from the factory without incurring a price increase :rolleyes: Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

It happens unfortunately, my Mercedes ended up being delayed form March to July as it was a new model at the time

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Particular problem with this model as it's become unbelievably popular with company car drivers due to the relatively tiny BIK vs perceived car/power.
We've had 2 in our place now, drivers of BMW 330e and 320GT (what a fugly fugly car that was ) now driving A250e. Last one had a 7 week delay via the leasing companies, again all in the hands of MB...
Welcome by the way

OP
E

Easy_P

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you for your replies. Sounds like I’ll just have to accept it I guess. The fleet company added yesterday even if the car was shipped today (the latest update was that it was expected in Zeebrugge today - I’ve heard that before!!) Arnold Clark will probably want to wait until early March for new registrations to max the value of the car when the lease ends in 3 years.
September 20 to March 21 with an original delivery date of December 20 is poor though.
It’s my first MB so still looking forward to it. Hope it’s worth the wait!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
From all accounts my guys say their are brilliant! So it should be worth the wait

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thank you for your replies. Sounds like I’ll just have to accept it I guess. The fleet company added yesterday even if the car was shipped today (the latest update was that it was expected in Zeebrugge today - I’ve heard that before!!) Arnold Clark will probably want to wait until early March for new registrations to max the value of the car when the lease ends in 3 years.
September 20 to March 21 with an original delivery date of December 20 is poor though.
It’s my first MB so still looking forward to it. Hope it’s worth the wait!!

It will be :)

bubbauk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a250e
Similar experience here. A250e AMG Premium saloon ordered in August with expected delivery date in December, now its end of April :(

Ordered through NHS fleet solutions as well.

OP
E

Easy_P

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Similar experience here. A250e AMG Premium saloon ordered in August with expected delivery date in December, now its end of April :(

Ordered through NHS fleet solutions as well.
That does not fill me with much hope!! Your case sounds even worse than mine! I just keep getting knocked back every couple of weeks or so. I was told last week that it was on its way to Zeebrugge but Arnold Clark may delay the delivery so it gets a new registration after March 1st. The automated email and website updates are still saying late Feb. Who knows?!! :rolleyes:

bubbauk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a250e
I think I read the saloons may take longer than the hatch so you may still get yours sooner than me.

I gave up speaking to NHS Fleet solutions as they didn't seem to have accurate information even though they said they get weekly updates from the supplier. I have been speaking to my local dealership who seem to have more accurate and up to date information.

OP
E

Easy_P

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another delay from MB / NHS Fleet Solutions. Ordered in September, delivery for Nov / December :rolleyes:; knocked back that many times I've lost count. Now mid March.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom