Diagnostics

Peter Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 AMG
Can anyone please tell what is the best diagnostic system available to purchase online for in depth error codes, battery replacement, reading switch values etc.

Basically i'd love to purchase a star system but have no clue what is required or where to get it, so id make do with a detailed plug and play diagnostics tool.

Im told to get a foxwell 510 elite pro but again when i go to purchse i get the impression its coming from china with dodgy sellers.

Basically i just want something i can buy with confidence from the internet and know that what im getting will do all my needs as a diyer.

Sl63 amg 2009 is my car.

Ideally id also love it to handle an f10 m5 bmw also.

Thoughts ?

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
I use iCarsoft MB V2. In general terms scanners are best when matched to a specific car.

I haven't used the Foxwell scanners. Rather than dismiss them out of hand (Chinese do some ok stuff) I thought I would have a look.

Reading the 650 Pro specs I was drawn to function 15..... And I quote:

"15.A/F Adjust: Correspondingly change the fuel supply to change the steam production of boiler and maintanin the energy balance in the combustion process."

Interesting.......

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
P

Peter Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 AMG
I use iCarsoft MB V2. In general terms scanners are best when matched to a specific car.

I haven't used the Foxwell scanners. Rather than dismiss them out of hand (Chinese do some ok stuff) I thought I would have a look.

"15.A/F Adjust: Correspondingly change the fuel supply to change the steam production of boiler and maintanin the energy balance in the combustion process."

Interesting.......

Lu

Interesting.......

Lol. What intersted me though was that i was told the foxwell 510 basically pulled and presented the same values as STAR....that's when my eyes lit up. Can anyone else concur ?

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
No idea about the 510 but I do have the Foxwell NT644 Pro. No complaints about Foxwell although there are copies out there, give Gendan a shout as they are uk distributors and I have updated my scanner twice online without issues.

SClassowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350d 2016 LWB Executive
New member here after lurking for a while.

Do any of these Diagnostic Tools allow for DPF Regen or Resetting Adaptions on the later 7 speed gearboxes?

I have a 2016 S350d that I was using for work but now the world has taken a different turn so probably going to keep it as my personal car for the longer period.

I know the earlier 5 speed and 7 speed could have the adaptions sets without diagnostics.

I have Carley which has lots of functions and parameters that it can’t read on my W222.

Hoping to avoid spending mega money.

I have only had one issue with the MIL coming on, last week and it was related to the handbrake, I assume it is sticky as the car has been parked up for a few days as on rest days from work.

Carly reset that ok, but made me think that getting proper diagnostics might be a good idea.

Carly was able to tell me when the last DPF Regen was, 752km, but I would like the ability to start a Regen cycle just in case.

To be honest the car has been near faultless in nearly 4 years, just excessive flare from 3 to 4 and the usual less than perfect 7 speed box.

MB reset the adaptions three or for times and it helped a little.

Have been doing my own servicing since 52k and car is now on 76k.

Buderim11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 clk320 m112
I have a foxwell 510 elite , I am trying to reset a SRS fault that I caused, I replaced the defrost stepper motor on my 2004 clk320 petrol, I connected the battery to test the new stepper before I put the dashboard back together , I had the airbag disconnected when I was testing the stepper motor so I knew I would get a fault , but I assumed I could reset it when I was finished. When I connect the foxwell it tells me there are no stored codes so I have nothing to erase . when I perform a live test it all comes back clear as all the airbags are now connected . Anyone got any idea how to clear the srs dashboard warning ?

Buderim11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 clk320 m112
Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and then reconnect it. The ECU may have grabbed a fault that it has cleared but wont reset.
Thanks , I have done that a few times. I will drive it for a few days and try again.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Also, go from lock to lock 3 or 4 times - puts the ABS and BAS lights out, might help with SRS too

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom