Diamond Facelift Replacement Grille for W205

Robwts83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250d W205
Hi all, bought a diamond grille for my W205 from CSK performance and took it to be fitted at a garage today. The garage called to say the emblem won’t fit properly. When it was twisted into the locked position the point of the star was at the 11 o’clock position rather than 12 o’clock). No way of sorting it so it would align properly. CSK having none of it and saying the garage doesn’t know what it’s doing...

Anyway, I’m trying to source another diamond grille so can anyone recommend a decent and reliable supplier please? Anyone replaced theirs with no issues?

Cheers.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Plenty on Fleabay, just avoid the CSK apparent rubbish. The trouble is that they are made in China and have many different outlets in the UK so you could be buying one from a different supplier but actually buying the same Grille. Best Buy one with the Star already installed :)

Last edited:
OP
R

Robwts83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250d W205
Thanks AJ

According to CSK they manufacturer them themselves but from the guys attitude he may well have just been a bull******g me.

I’ve got distronic so need to keep my emblum really but I’ll check out what Fleabay has to offer

OP
R

Robwts83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250d W205
Another question guys. If I have a grille with distronic built into the emblem do I need to get a specific grille, or does anyone know if the fitting for the emblem is the same regardless of whether it’s a distronic version or not?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Another question guys. If I have a grille with distronic built into the emblem do I need to get a specific grille, or does anyone know if the fitting for the emblem is the same regardless of whether it’s a distronic version or not?
No, Distronic and non- Distronic grilles are different.

OP
R

Robwts83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250d W205
Thanks Craig. Are you saying the whole grille is different not just the emblem?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
You may have to buy an OE distronic grill from the main dealer to solve your problem.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Yep, my distronic cover on the 212 is starting to dull just a little, trying to find one that’s not the sports grill is a pain,
Can you not buff it up with some plastic polish?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom