Differential Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
It seems that my differential side seals are leaking, not too badly thankfully, but it means I need to keep checking the level and refilling at the 6k oil changes.

Only problem is, I am not sure what weight oil to put in it, I have seen anything from EP90 to EP80/90 to even EP80/140 recommended elsewhere.

Anyone care to recommend a suitable oil for a 1989 300E with 109K on the clock, a very slight diff whine when feathering throttle at low speed, and a slight vibration above 65mph?

I also planned to inject a bit of Molyslip into the diff when changing the fluid, it might be old fashioned, but it has worked miracles on other old cars for me in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom