Disabling EGR

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Thank you for the reply. What’s old is that the code came up just after doing this mod.
Does the code go away if you remove the mod? Also did you check the associated items listed in the link (air filters etc.) to make sure they were all good before you did the mod?

limp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Does the code go away if you remove the mod? Also did you check the associated items listed in the link (air filters etc.) to make sure they were all good before you did the mod?
I’ll report back when I have a good look at later today. The air filter and everything are good because I just service a few days ago.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Frankly no idea oigle should know he wrote it up, or at least added to it maybe ur resistor was dodgy?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Prob best method. Did you solder or crimp?

limp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Update: like promised I took the shunt off got my cheap multimeter, when I read the voltage on pin 5(MAF) it had 0 volts on idle then i realized previously when I was trying to identify the wires I had put the multimeter prob in pin 5 on the MAF sensor making the female clips on the MAF harness connector bigger, got a needle squeezed the clips a bit put it back and I had voltage on pin 5 (2.3v), then I made a new shunt, so far I’m getting full RPMs on idle, previously I only got 3000rpms. I’ll be taking her for a run tomorrow morning and see how she I’ll behave though I also suspect the EGR signal wire at the ECU might be loose. Thank everyone for your help.

Regards
Simom

Last edited:

karlidag86

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 e220cdi
Hello friends, I have a 2000 model W210 E220 cdi car. It has an OM611 engine and I want to cancel the EGR. I made the circuit with diode and resistor, but how should I connect it? Can friends who use OM611 engines explain? Thank you.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Hello friends, I have a 2000 model W210 E220 cdi car. It has an OM611 engine and I want to cancel the EGR. I made the circuit with diode and resistor, but how should I connect it? Can friends who use OM611 engines explain? Thank you.
Suggest you go back to post number 1. Was very well documented by dieselman.

Realpopek

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W207
Sziasztok! Újonc vagyok ezen a fórumon, de remélem, ahol csak tudok, hozzá tudok járulni.
Már egy ideje követem ezt a témát, és belevágtam. Elkészítettem a söntömet a szerszámosládám néhány darabjából, és elkezdtem nyomon követni a vezetékeket a 2005-ös CLK 270CDi (C209) gépemen.
Az EGR-vezetékek meglehetősen egyenesek – és csavart szálként jelennek meg az ECU-házban.
A MAF azonban egy kicsit zavaró.
Úgy gondolom, hogy a jelvezeték mindig a MAF-dugó 5-ös kapcsán van, és 2-4 V egyenfeszültséget kell mutatnia, amikor a motor fordul. Azonban, amikor teszteltem az 5-ös terminus kimenetemet (csatlakoztassa a MAF-hoz, és szondáztassa a szigetelésen keresztül) _ 0,5 V egyenáramú lengést 0,5 - 1,0 V között - ez helyes?
Még zavaróbb: a MAF-dugó vezetéke BR/WHT, de amikor visszacsavarják az ECU-ba, a színe YL/WHT-ra cserélődött (24-es érintkező a 4-es csatlakozón).
Normális, hogy a vezetékek színkódot váltanak futás közben?
minden segítséget nagyra értékelünk
Alistair
Hi there! i also have a CLK 2.7 from 2004, I tried the shunt with the corresponding cables etc. Everything should be fine but it does not work. I just would like to ask, were you able to install the shunt correctly? If yes how? Thanks in advance!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom