do you drive a mercedes commercial vechile ?

do you drive a mercedes commercial vechile ?

• vito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sprinter (lwb)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • sprinter (swb)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.5 tonne and larger

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scotsy

New Registration
Reaction score
new owner............

New to the forum so Hello everyone :p

I've just bought a '99 Sprinter 310D off a mate, going to pick it up tonight as i only sorted the insurance yesterday. Its a high top 2.9 TD and is what looks like a MWB? (would that have been a LWB in those days?) Its deffo not as long as the modern 4 Metre vans but still quite big.

Its got the usual white van scrapes around the SLD area and a few 'treated' surface rust patches but the engine, brakes etc are fine and the cab is 'mint' and the van is also alarmed:)

I bought it for taking our dirt-bikes to trails/tracks, I'm currently towing a 2 bike trailer but fed up of getting changed 'outside' and will be able to take more stuff with us than we could in the VW polo towcar too!!

Already thinking of a spares kit for it:-

Injector pipes and hoses already on the list, any more suggestions?

Regards
Ian (scotsy)

Dandaps

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
815 atego
Hi just joined I own a 815 atego and am looking at buying merc 190e in the near future

paul vp uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dualinern04c class elegance 1997
04 639 vito update done 30000 since had her

Well another 15000 miles since last post .So thats 30000 in two years two months
i have had her in total 26 months. now.
last mot the mot found a broken spring,(£235inc mot) so changed rear pair.
u/joint went had it replaced £140,
so about £700 in total inc four oil changes plus filters and alt belt,
total milage 167500 as of today,
I use her for surveys arround swindon gloucester ares, get fuel paid plus ten pence a mile for maintenance dep etc..
Very pleased with her she does 30 mpg at the steady 65/75 all day.
OH forgot key being fixed £35 woulkdnt lock and new battery's £8. sat moning.
b,,dy good job she had two keys ,

paul vp uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dualinern04c class elegance 1997
further update 070911

bugger pushed the enter key before i finished.
anyway i have been well pleased with my 7 year old merc vito.
i keep her oil changed at about every 7500 miles with usuall filters aswell.
I hope to get another 30000 in the next two years out of her,fingers XXXXXed
If i was being critical rust seems to be coming through on the drivers door,
body shop says £350 to patch up. still thinking about it.

Anyway I would recomend a 639 (new shape) the cost twenty grand new but 05 plate with 60000 are going through van auction in dursley Gloucestershire
only last week for 6000 + vat.
Bargain
cheers to all:):)

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
i dont drive for a living now ,i just live for driving .anyway when they first brought out the sprinter van ,a company that i was working for took delivery of one or two they used to run the tried and tested transit . and the drivers that used the vans one was given to me raved over them far superior to any other van about at the time by the way they also later on had a vw based on the sprinter . not quite as good in my oppinion but a realy good van ,the other times i have had experence of merc coms was with a hire merc tractor unit we had at superdrug , dident drive it as i was a drivers mate on night deliveries ,dont know what the model was but what a motor that was ,full leather trim walnut dash and door trims air con the works and the sound system was top notch i think fully loaded is the expresion only other unit i have seen to match it was if i am not mistaken was a scania silver limited edition with the v8 lump in twin chrome stacks

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Anyway I would recomend a 639 (new shape) the cost twenty grand new but 05 plate with 60000 are going through van auction in dursley Gloucestershire
only last week for 6000 + vat.
Bargain
cheers to all:):)

They rust so much though, so many better vans out there than Mercs TBH.

banjodinky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 310d
I own and run a 310d MWB sprinter on a W plate. It's a far superior beast than the trannies I've had and usually it goes really quick:D

marc10

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270cdi 2003 inspiration,sl500 1996, 500sec1987, Actros Mega space V8
I own and drive an actros megaspace mp2 44tonne artic for a living, best damn truck I ever had and am eagerly awaiting the mp3's release this year. I have owned over the years ERF Foden Scania Volvo but none are a patch on the merc for driver comfort and reliability. The best thing about it........fully auto, not a clutch pedal in sight. On the downside wish I had bought the 16 litre V8 610bhp just for the noise!!!

Cavanmick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 E320 Cdi
Drove a 240hp 25tonne six wheeler 2524 for a god few years moving plant and machinery, super reliable but seriously underpowered moved on to a new 3234 340hp 32tonne eight wheeler actros which was good but gave a lot of brake problems due to the site work, extra power was so much better though and the eps box made driving a doddle.

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
I have a VW for work which will go on sale next week. Looking for a Vito soon :)

Wheeler3108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320cdi
I drive a mix of 416 sprinters and 518 sprinters with the 3ltr v6 engine :)

They have had some modifications, cost c£150,000 and regularly top 100mph.

Well planted on the road although the traction control does seem to kick in quite quickly :-(

Generally quite reliable although we have now moved to automatic gearboxes rather than the 6 speed manual. Apparently the manual gearbox can't handle the power from the 3ltr engine. Other usual faults are the turbo pipe on the 416's. 518's alternator fails regularly and turbo blows the seals.

Best modification is the anti speeding ticket devices added to the front back and sides. The blue lights and words ambulance are great :)

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Used to drive 2624s and occasionally a 2626 which was a great machine: 6-wheel drive, and could sail through a muddy ploughed field doing a good impression of the Queen Mary :D

andy66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 c180k with sports pack
my company vehicle...mercedes axor
it,s a basic fleet vehicle but very comfortable and easy to drive(auto box,cruise control,air con ect)

Attachments

• Photo0137.jpg
    Photo0137.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 17

RyRy90

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
8 Fleet Vans :)
Sorry for posting in an old post but ive just come accross this thread...

My dad owns a courier company and runs 8 vans of all sizes

The fleet list is as follows

'53' Citroen Berlingo 1.9D
'04' Transit Jumbo 90
'05' Astravan 1.7 CDTI
'07' Iveco Daily XLWB
'59' Mercedes Sprinter 313CDI LWB
'60' Mercedes Sprinter 313CDI LWB
'11' Transit Jumbo 140
'61' Mercedes Sprinter 313CDI LWB

By far in my opinion the better of the vans are the sprinters i like the size, driver comfort and the drivability is excellent they arent bad vans to work on either! I really rate the mercedes vans as a work horse and like anything if maintained well are usually really reliable just one thing that lets them down for us is the fact that the vans rust fairly early in life and you cant seem to stop them!

Many Thanks

Ry

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
my company vehicle...mercedes axor
it,s a basic fleet vehicle but very comfortable and easy to drive(auto box,cruise control,air con ect)

how much company car tax (Benefit in Kind) do you pay on that? :confused:

stefanheale

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300td W210 1997
Don't know whether it should be classed as a commercial vehicle, but it certainly is not a motor car. 1965 Unimog 406 Agricultural Spec, bought in Germany 1980, 1 previous owner, and driven to Cornwall. The epitome of Mercedes engineering excellence, 9000 hrs on the clock and everything still works as intended when new! 5.7 litre OM352 straight six diesel, 20 forward & 8 reverse gears, power take offs front and rear, hydraulic services front and rear, 3-way tipping load platform with dropsides and tailgate, main & auxiary air compressors built in at birth, and it's a convertible! Wish I could afford a new one as they have pressurised lights and change-on-the-move tyre pressure systems. The best toy a boy could wish for!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom