Does anyone recognise this Sl55?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Don't know it, but the advert refers to F1, and it has the upgrade front bumper. If it is a genuine F1 (a bit unclear in the advert) it seems cheap compared to other asking prices for these. VIN check required to establish P30 designation or not. Wheels "wrong" of course.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Its not an F1, VIN check does not have P30 option. Looks a nice car from the pictures but subject to all the usual checks for an SL.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I actually don't like many of the original wheels on the SL other than the split rims. And surprisingly I REALLY like this one in black. I've always steered clear of an SL as the ABC woes scare me.

Is there a buyers guide around, or any tips? My last Merc was a CLK55 convertible, so similar-ish.

Thanks.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Thanks but that one is a little steep plus I am not a fan of silver, nice car though.

Not sure I will bother with the black one. Called the guy and someone just answered the phone saying 'hello', and sounded half asleep I asked about the SL and he didn't have a clue what I was on about, thought I had the wrong number.

Eventually got him to admit they had an SL55, and he wasn't interested and tried to rush me off the phone and said someone would call me back who knows about the car.

Had a call from another guy, asked him if it was a 'performance pack' or just someone had switched the bumper, and he said it was 'factory performance styling'. I asked about ABC or any errors and history, he said full service history. So I asked if any receipts and he said a few bits but mostly just the service book. He then said he was fed up of taking calls on the car as people keep phoning about it and best to just call him before I want to view as it won't be there long. He then also tried to rush me off the phone.

Honestly not the way to sell a car, it looks nice, but I won't be going to see it because the dealers attitude and impression they gave was not good. He is welcome to sell it to one of the other people that are phoning him seeing as there are so many, that is of course if he can be bothered to to talk about and actually sell it...

Some people eh?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Thanks but that one is a little steep plus I am not a fan of silver, nice car though.

Not sure I will bother with the black one. Called the guy and someone just answered the phone saying 'hello', and sounded half asleep I asked about the SL and he didn't have a clue what I was on about, thought I had the wrong number.

Eventually got him to admit they had an SL55, and he wasn't interested and tried to rush me off the phone and said someone would call me back who knows about the car.

Had a call from another guy, asked him if it was a 'performance pack' or just someone had switched the bumper, and he said it was 'factory performance styling'. I asked about ABC or any errors and history, he said full service history. So I asked if any receipts and he said a few bits but mostly just the service book. He then said he was fed up of taking calls on the car as people keep phoning about it and best to just call him before I want to view as it won't be there long. He then also tried to rush me off the phone.

Honestly not the way to sell a car, it looks nice, but I won't be going to see it because the dealers attitude and impression they gave was not good. He is welcome to sell it to one of the other people that are phoning him seeing as there are so many, that is of course if he can be bothered to to talk about and actually sell it...

Some people eh?
I've come across this type of dealer a handful of times. Really don't understand their attitude. Yep they're going to get timewasters as everyone does flogging stuff, but that's part of the game. One to avoid methinks.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Some car dealers have no clue what customer service is, i came across a similarly uninterested dealer when i was looking for my SL even though I was in front of him inspecting the car. He knew nothing about the car and wasn't interested in a test drive. I walked away.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
My one is for sale, problem is it's got original SL wheels :rolleyes:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom