Doh, complete homer moment

nialler

Reaction score
Yep I feel like a complete idiot, thinking that all cells in my battery were linked I topped up one after the battery was acting weak and having to call the AA two weeks ago for a start, decided to check today and the other five cells were very low, so after 1.75 litres of distilled water later, looks like it's topped up again, zero maintenance batteries my ar$e!!

Don't forget to check em before the cold starts ladies n gentlemen.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
At least it was not sealed for life :D:D

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Yep I feel like a complete idiot, thinking that all cells in my battery were linked I topped up one after the battery was acting weak and having to call the AA two weeks ago for a start, decided to check today and the other five cells were very low, so after 1.75 litres of distilled water later, looks like it's topped up again, zero maintenance batteries my ar$e!!

Don't forget to check em before the cold starts ladies n gentlemen.

If it's taken that amount of water it could well be that irreparable exhaustion has already occurred. I'd keep a very careful eye on it and beware of cold mornings for a while.

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
Hi Jam

Cars running* and starting like a dream again, cost me about €150 for the battery, second time it's been topped up, does that drainage tube at the top of the battery pour off fluid every time you take a corner hard?

*ignoring the problems I'm having at the moment, she's upsetting me something awful

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Jam

Cars running* and starting like a dream again, cost me about €150 for the battery, second time it's been topped up, does that drainage tube at the top of the battery pour off fluid every time you take a corner hard?

*ignoring the problems I'm having at the moment, she's upsetting me something awful

Tell us all then

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
Malcolm

Numerous posts on the forum, started with the rear cats, decatted, then the left low beam (dipped) decided to up and die, replaced with a nice expensive shiny osram starlight H7 bulb, no joy, now the seat sensor on the passenger seat has gone again, grrrrrr, love it to bits but why now.

And when I say that I love it, I smile every time I sit in the thing, I drive when I'm annoyed, I drive when I'm upset and it cheers me up, I'd hate to let it go.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm

Numerous posts on the forum, started with the rear cats, decatted, then the left low beam (dipped) decided to up and die, replaced with a nice expensive shiny osram starlight H7 bulb, no joy, now the seat sensor on the passenger seat has gone again, grrrrrr, love it to bits but why now.

And when I say that I love it, I smile every time I sit in the thing, I drive when I'm annoyed, I drive when I'm upset and it cheers me up, I'd hate to let it go.

Well chin up,,it will all get sorted

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
jayziz you're a fast typer malcolm I'll give ya that, nothin wrong with your eyesight, struggling to keep up ;-)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jayziz you're a fast typer malcolm I'll give ya that, nothin wrong with your eyesight, struggling to keep up ;-)

You must be joking +13 on the right eye and + 8 on the left,

they could not be worse :(

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom